iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

shipping with echo-global

Started by Cedarman, June 10, 2008, 06:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

I have been using freightquote to line up shipping for me and today along comes echo global and I compared prices and echo global came in about 33 % and 20% lower on 2 different quotes.  Have any of you used echo-global to arrange your shipping?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

neslrite

Cedarman,
I have never heard of echo-global but we have been using Unishippers (www.unishippers.com) to move all of our freight as of late and have been real happy. Like freightquote you get to look at the price set by each LTL company, and Estes Express has been coming up on top 95% of the time. Unishippers web site is very easy to use and so far (been using them since April) we have not had any billing problems.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Cedarman

Thanks neslrite.  Echo-global said they were  a broker out of Chicago.  I have been hearing  that since Estes bought out Jevic they were being real aggressive in their shipping.  I'll check out Unishippers.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

neslrite

Cedarman,
All but 2 of our outbound freight shippments in the last 8 weeks have gone Estes. The other 2 were interline shipments and Daylight had the best price for those 2. Tell them LogRite sent you maybe i will get a hat ;D.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Ironwood

Been using FreightQuote, but always looking for a better deal.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!