iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

They are not suposed to get this big

Started by tree-farmer, June 01, 2008, 11:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree-farmer

Guess the snake never read the book...

Walked out in the yard to take a evening walk when the wife and I noticed the cat, looking very intently at something in the grass next to the drive way.
Went to see what it was and there was this honker. I told the wife to get a bucket, and I would catch it. Remembering what happened last time (another story) she instead went and got a .22 rifle. Figured I was in more danger of being shot than snake bit, I took the gun and popped it.

According to snake book they get about 32" max length. Cat was lucky not to get bit, was real proud of herself after it was dispatched and safe to mess with.

Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Lanier_Lurker

Wow  :o

I have certainly never seen one that big.  That is indeed a honker.

Dodgy Loner

Copperhead?  According to my book, they get 2-4 feet in length.  Maybe he was just reading a different book :P
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Texas Ranger

Best I know about snakes is they never stop growing, just slow down.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ARKANSAWYER

Coppers come in pairs most of the time and I have taken them in the 50+ inches before.  Lots of 3 to 4 footers around here.  (or is it feeters ?)

Your cat would be looking like LBJ last week had it messed with that honker.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!