iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Questions about running Accuset in Metric.

Started by Dave Shepard, May 30, 2008, 10:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Anyone doing it? Is it hard to switch back and forth, or is it seperate software? I have a friend that does timber framing, and was trained in his German homeland. He does his work in metric, and it would be cool to be able to provide timbers in cm/mm without having to convert.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dan_Shade

Dave, I know you grew up on the wrong side of the Mason-Dixon line, but that's no excuse to be thinking metric!

:D :D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dave Shepard

Hey, if I can fill a need. ;) Working with my friend that does architectural stone work that's all we use. Did enough of it two winters ago that a block of stone that was 10x30x60 wasn't as big as I used to remember it. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sparks

Dave you can go to units of measure by pressing the up arrow, then the OTHER button and then units of measure. Change it to what you want and repeat to go back to inches.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Dave Shepard

Awesome! I see you can also pick a bunch of different languages too.

Dave

Tom

Dave Shepard

Is that a question, Tom?  ???

I am sure that the languages and metric are for the many mills sold outside of the US. ;)

My interest is to supply a timber framer about a mile up the road who was born and raised in a metric society, and continues to ply his style of framing in it's native measurement. ;) ;)

Dave

Tom

i left the punctuation off on purpose.  I can see the mill being used outside of the borders, but I can also see the preparation for those from outside of the borders to come use the equipment here....  when the Nafta highway is completed.  :D   I'm hoping I made a joke.  :-\

Thank You Sponsors!