iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fingerprinted

Started by dewwood, May 29, 2008, 08:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewwood

Had to get fingerprinted yesterday by Homeland Security.  My CDL expires in a couple of weeks and I have always maintained my hazmat endorsement just in case as I occasionally help my neighbor out when he is short a driver.  Well I had to go to my local BMV and take the hazmat test then drive sixty miles to another BMV office to have my fingerprints done.  When they get done doing a background check etc then I will have to go back sixty miles to get my license, oh yeah $100 bucks for the fingerprinting and $30 when I get my license >:(.

Its good to know that all of us law abiding citzens are not threats to our national security.  I am sure if I were a terrorist that I would go to all of the trouble to get my hazmat license just so I could go blow up some federal facility.  Makes you wonder. :D :D
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

StorminN

dewwood,

Don't dispair, this is the "less government" that the current administration has been talking about for eight years. They're just making you jump through all these hoops to protect and serve you.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

ibseeker

dewwood, too bad you aren't a cow....they would have been able to trace you from birth to death. Then again, it's tough to drive those trucks without an opposable digit.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

thedeeredude

This is why we need national ID cards, then they now where you are at all times and you never need to be fingerprinted again.  Right?   ::)  Ugggghhhhhh

zopi

Welcome to bureaucratic dictatorship, sheeple.

I would lol, but it's not funny if it is true...

I just hope that when the time comes, there are enough (real) Americans left to
defend the Constitution at home, just as the armed services do abroad...

oops..too late.

sigh, where IS that *DanG asteroid?
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

pigman

I am sure that I will sleep better tonight knowing that dewwood has been fingerprinted. 8) :D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

jesse

i decided to not have the haz mat when it came time to renew my cdl did not have a need for it would have kept if just had to take the test

LeeB

I just went and did mine Tuesday. Thought I would be smart and get there early. Bad idea. You can't get in early and if you don't make an appointment you're not likely to get in at all. Closest place for me was 250 miles away and now I get to go back to pick up the card in six weeks. All this for the same thing that is already covered by my Merchant Mariners licence and starting next year will be included in the licence. our tax dollars hard at work. >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Dave Shepard

I don't mind getting printed, already did that for my LTC, but they want you to go almost to the other end of the state* for the printing. Should be able to get it done at the local RMV, in my opinion.

Dave

*I know, small state, but still, it's half a day wasted when you are at the RMV for the hazmat test anyway. >:( >:(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

tcsmpsi

$100 for fingerprinting!?   :o

I think it's time for me to raise my $10 fee.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Warbird

You guys should be able to go to a local cop shop and get fingerprinted there.  They can then ship the prints to where ever they have to go or just scan them into the system.  I'm really not understanding but then, I've been printed 2 or 3 times for different jobs over the years.  Always figured it was because they wanted to make sure my fingertips hadn't been mangled.  :D

LeeB

This is for a biometric smart card. Supposedly you scan the card and then your fingertips to match. Home land security stuff.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

tcsmpsi

Every agency and different departments within agencies have to have their own sets of prints.  When there are renewals of licenses, etc. within the same agency, many times new prints are requried to keep the chain of identity clear.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

jesse

and i thought 100 miles was to far away

ARKANSAWYER

This kind of like my Hunters Ed Teachers deal.  I have taught Hunters Ed for over 15 years for the State.  Then they said all instructors had to have a back ground check and prints.  They wanted to know where I was for a few years in the 80's and why where my prints in the system already.  I told them I had a Top Secret Security  clearance in the ARMY and if they want to know any thing to go ask them, as I was not a telling.  Just about did not get to teach any more.  Now here is the deal.  If I was a fruitcake why are they worried now because I had been teaching for 15 years.   I am not telling how many guns I owned if I owned any and not going to tell how many cows I got or rabbits if I had any.  Not telling where I was last night nor do I know any thing about nothing.   The nuts who flew the planes into the towers were not going to school to get proper licenses just to learn enough to fly the plane for a spell.  Once they learn to drive they are not to worried about having the money to pay for tags or licenses.
  They just trying to keep a white boy down is all.
ARKANSAWYER

Bro. Noble

Arky,  I don't understand why you want to be so contrary.  I'd be glad to report to anyone that I don't own a single rabbit ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

johncinquo

lets see, you typed blow up, hazmat, terrorist, national.   Well dont despair, the computers have already flagged this post and it will be reviewed by the NSA and every other goverment organization out there.  You aggravation and disappointment in the system will be duely noted!   :D
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

dewwood

That is the truely scary part! :D :D
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

asy

John,

That would be hillarious...

If it weren't true...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Danny Dimm

You could just throw a brick through some shop window. They would fingerprint you for free and you wouldn't have to drive yourself anywere. They'd take care of that to.

Gordon

$66 in Delaware for fingerprints and a background check.

Thank You Sponsors!