iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

roller guides fo s&w band sawmill

Started by old joe, May 27, 2008, 09:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old joe

need a source for bearings to guide blade 5/8 id  1.35od  2 with stop  i've been lurking here for a couple of years and am really pleased to be a member. one of my older neighbors sold me this band mill and an old circle mill. both machines are complete and many years ago  I saw each of them in operation. Iknow you all like pictures and I'll try to provide some next post.
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

PineNut

Welcome to the forum Joe. I see you have already found out that everyone likes pictures.

Tom

Hey, old joe!

You might try www.truckpartcity.com for your bearings.  If they don't have them, they will shop them.  Their purpose is to keep an inventory of parts that a sawyer might need.

On the left you will find a sponsor, down toward the bottom of the list, Eggimann.  It is owned by a member and provides parts for trucks, hydraulics and many other useful items.  The owner has offered help to provide parts and advice.  You will probably find what you want there.

While not a member, I've gotten results on some bearings at www.Bailynet.com a hydraulic cylinder manufacturer.

Brian_Rhoad

My mill uses 5/8 ID by 1 3/8 OD bearings for the blade guides. 1 3/8 is 1.375. That is close to your 1.35. That is a standard sized bearing and should be available at a local parts house. Some lawn and garden shops ma have them also. You can also try the following links.

www.mcmaster.com

www.mscdirect.com

old joe

thanks folks found the bearings at mcmaster I knew you'd come through for me!!

old joe

fed x finally found me and i got the new guide bearings. while i was waiting my son his friend (a machinist) and i tuned the mill for level,plumb and square installed the bearings.  i had a four foot by12 inch old dry oak log  left over from the firewood pile  we cut a few boards from it  real thin about 3/8  no deviation end to end or side to side  it may not be orange but it cuts good  pictures taken not yet loadable  thanks for helping this newbie

Lud

Welcome A Board,  Old Joe!

It doesn't have to be orange to cut lumber.  Orange is good.  Orange is our friend......but orange can eat a hole in your wallet if you got to have every bell and whistle and hydraulic.

When i was a young fella,  i had a horse named Old Joe.  He had a good retirement here at the farm. I remember he had a friendship with a goose named Ralph.  Joe would neigh at Ralph and Ralph would honk back.  I saw the goose jump up on the side of the horse when the horse had laid down as he did more and more as he got older.

Dad and I used to have to help Old Joe get up towards the end...y'know ,  make the difference so he ' could keep goin'.

That's how the Forum works for me now sometimes....makes the difference so I can keep sawin! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

old joe

thanks so much for the warm welcome! I sometimes feel like that old horse  need a little boost to get moving.

Thank You Sponsors!