iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

if you think you are having a bad day...

Started by zopi, May 27, 2008, 08:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

suck it up...spent about five hours in the E-room last night...gotta boulder in my left ureter...hopefully I'll give birth to the little bugger today.

Had the stones about ten years ago...1st time was WAY worse..they had to go in and get them.

Percocet is wonderful invention though.

I hate being out of work for anything. ::)
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

deeker

Thats a real no p911er!  Pain comes to mind.  Good luck, and oh pics of the micropsic boulders would be nice.
Most people cannot even see the stones.  But sure as HELL can feel 'em.

Kevin
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

zopi

i'm actually doing ok now...took one of the percs about 8..15 minutes later I woke up at noon..
since then I've been in no pain..got out and did a little work..i'm trying to get the pipe laid for a no-freeze faucet out in the yard..and pulling in a hot water line too..gonna put an outdoor kitchen on the smokehouse...MMMM..BBQ!

I expect it to hit again in awhile..

The docs are making me stay home for two days..they say the stone is almost to my bladder and is about 3 MM...you're right..feels like that asteroid that made the crater lake out west..

I'll kwit whinin' now and get back to work..lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

pigman

Good luck zopi. I have given birth to five of those giant bolders microscopic rocks.  On the first two I went to the Dr and they tried to torture me to death. On the last three I just had a home birth. Just remember, kidney stones are not fatal if all the guns are hidden.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

deeker

Just for giggles, how about a face video of the "birth"????
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

zopi

Quote from: deeker on May 27, 2008, 06:44:02 PM
Just for giggles, how about a face video of the "birth"????

I don't think so..

The last one would've made a good horror film...after they went in and got the little  bastige...I woke up and had a....stent...ok, what the hell is a stent and why didn't i know about it going into surgery...great...well, I found out what for...the clots...what happend when you plug up a container full of liquid and build pressure and then realease it all at once?

yeah...it was a bloody mess...literally...wifey was a little mad a bout the bit on the ceiling...me..I fainted.

i'm doing ok tonight...no pain really...i'm hoping it has made it to my bladder..been out trying to get some excercise and maybe work it along a bit.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

Stent??  Nasty, nasty, nasty.  I hate stents.  I sympathize with you as I have been there.  Did I say that , "I HATE STENTS?"

Looks like for the time being that you are stent-less.  Be thankful for the little things :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LeeB

Drink more water guys. Sodas don't cut it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DouginUtah

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

zopi

Quote from: LeeB on May 27, 2008, 11:36:16 PM
Drink more water guys. Sodas don't cut it.

Soda cuts scotch quite well....lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

LeeB

It don't go too bad with my good buddy Jack either ;)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Roxie

Oh, could Cowboy Bob tell ya a story here!   :o  Last October, he was having a lot of stomach problems and back aches.  An x-ray told the story....ONE stone 2.6 CM x 1.8 CM x 2.3 CM.  It was huge and was blocking the exit of his right kidney.  He got sound wave blasted three times before it broke up.  He had to have a stent in for six weeks.  He was not a happy camper. 

After his kidneys were 'all clear', the doc had him do a "collection" test for 24 hours and send a sample off to a special lab, to determine the cause of the stone.  The best news for CB was that in order to prevent future stones, his doctor recommended 2 beers a night.  One beer and he had a 40% chance it wouldn't recur, two beers and his chances went to 80%.  According to the doc, anything after that was just for fun. 

I hope everything "works out" for ya!   :)
Say when

Haytrader

So Roxie, which brewery is CB supporting?

:D :D :D
Haytrader

pigman

Back in 1978 when I "gave birth" to my first stone the Dr was real happy that I collected the stone for testing. It was only later I found out why he was so happy. It cost me $250 (no insurance)  to fine out that thing was a calcium deposit. That was the last of the five stones that anyone else ever saw. ;D

Warbird

How do you know when 'back pain' is really a stone?

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pigman

There was no blood with any of my stones. The back pain with stones will be same no mather what position you put the body into. When and if the stone moves from the kidney, the pain will move to the side and down the front. Pain meds didn't take away the pain for me, the strong ones only made me not care if I had the pain.

Warbird

Note to self:  NEVER get kidney stones.

I need to get a moderator to make this a sticky note.  ;D

zopi

Quote from: Warbird on May 28, 2008, 08:39:04 PM
How do you know when 'back pain' is really a stone?

It feels deeper and more urgent, like a pressure, need to urinate almost constantly, and usually can't...

Up at 330 this AM cramping...gotta go back to work today...yuk!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Roxie

Seriously, Warbird, it's best to take any prolonged pain to your doctor.  You see, CB was never gonna pass a stone the size his was, and it was beginning to damage his kidney, a condition called hydronecrosis. Also, when CB went to the doctor, we were shocked to find out it was a kidney stone, because all his symptoms were 'stomach' related.  We thought for sure that it was an ulcer.   ::)

Pigman, I don't think the beer works on calcium based stones.   :'(  CB's were protein based with a very acidic level. 

:D Haytrader......Coors.  CB was once in a Coors commercial in his rodeo days. 
Say when

zopi

Quote from: Roxie on May 29, 2008, 05:45:39 AM
Pigman, I don't think the beer works on calcium based stones.   :'(  CB's were protein based with a very acidic level. 

wifey's doc recommended a glass of lemonade every day...whiskey optional..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!