iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

010av oil pump

Started by schmism, May 16, 2008, 05:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmism

So my 010 has been a great little saw over the years.  Recently i noticed it not puting oil down like it used to.  More to the point, it appears to all but stopped oiling.  Even with the bar off and a squeeze of the throttle it refuses to puke any oil out the port.

Quick googleing says check the oil pickup tube.  thinking it was like my 039 i dumped out the oil and went fishing.....  didnt hook what i expected.

so this is the oil pump?  I thought they were gear driven off the drive clutch (or something along those lines)

how exactly does this thing work and how do i tell if its still working (other than no oil output=not working)
OFFSITE IMAGES NOT ALLOWED PLEASE READ FORUM RULES
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

Dale Hatfield

Never been into one of them . But it looks as if thats part of the oil pick up . The oil pump drive gears should be under the sprocket . Is the hose connected to a filter ,or weighted end inside the tank?Looks like at the 11 oclock position in the hole ,their is a port that would pull oil.From the part you have removed through the pump and pushed out to the bar.Which in the pic looks to be above the bar mount stud.
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

schmism

there is a teeny tinny hole at the base of the brass part connected to the silver AL part.  The black hose appears to lead up to the hole that would normally puke oil into the oiler slot of the bar.

there is no dangling participle pickup tube like i was expecting (with filter on it)

there is no physical connection to any kind of gear drive in/behind/on the drive (anything) to the part connected to the end of the black hose.

Kevin

It works on pulses from the crankcase.
There's a vent in all that dirt somewhere below the oil outlet that is probably plugged by the looks of the picture.

schmism

Quote from: Kevin on May 16, 2008, 08:44:46 PM
It works on pulses from the crankcase.

that was about the only thing i could figure.  Pressureized the oil compartment and pushed it out that way.

Guilty on the cleaning bit  :-\  Ill shine er up and see what happens.

Kevin

When I first looked at the picture I thought it was Jeffs saw after I asked him to clean it.  :D

It works like a carb diaphragm, you may need to remove the pump, clean it and inspect for damage.

Thank You Sponsors!