iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hockey night in ... Motor City !!!!

Started by isawlogs, May 14, 2008, 01:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Seeing as some do not like it when a thread goes off to far , I am gonna start this one for the playoffs !!!!

"Quote from another thread "

Marcel, I was flipping around this a.m. during coffee and watched a little Mike and Mike on ESPN. They brought up the "every 33 years" things.

They were doing their morning predections for all the games (all sports) and Greeny made the prediction that the Stars would make a comeback. I think he is just wanting to look like a genius if it happens. I wish it would but I doubt it. I don't know who the Leafs did it against in 42, or who the Islanders did it against in 75, but I guarantee it was not a team as potent as the 2008 Detroit Redwings. It just ain't happening.
However, he DID bring up something I wasn't aware of . . . the Panguns are up on the Flyers 3-0!   yetserday when I mentioned the 33 year thing I was thinking the Flyers had won a home game. YOUR series has a MUCH better chance of fulfilling the 33 year rule. The Flyers have 3 times a better chance of beating the Panguns than the Stars do of coming back on the Redwings.

Oh .. I get to watch both of the games , one is on every night ...  8)  Those Red Wings are on fire , there gonna be hard to stop by your Stars , gonna take the Pingouins to do that  ;D ( but would much rather have the stars in the finals I think they hit less and are a tad bit slower then the wings  ;D

And how do you think that the Flyers are gonna do that ???  There defense is all broke up . There penalty killing is well killing them , even when they have a man advantage they are struglling , They do though have one hell of a goally , I would take him on my team anytime . He has kept them in the game more then once.

Roxie, when i was looking for the Pitt/Philly shcedule i ran across an article that said they last met in the 99 playoffs. Not that far back. You may remember, that is the year the Dallas Stars won the Stanley Cup.

I thought they met also in 2001 ... Might not have been in the semi finals though ... Oh did I mention that I am hooting for the Pingouins  :) :) 8) 8)

Go pingouins go 
      ;D ;D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Hey !!!!  Get your own banner  ;D   :D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roxie

Say when

OneWithWood

Ok so I will just copy my response here - I can be a contrarian in more than one post  :D

Hmmmm,,,,the DeeeTroit Redwings......having served time lived in DaTroiit a couple of times in previous existances I might have to tune in an root for the homies.  
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Warbird

It sure would be nice if the regular broadcast channels would play the games!  I am soooo frustrated by not being able to watch pro-hockey.  :( 

Although a couple of months ago, I did get to see my very first professional sporting event.  And it got to be hockey.  Watching the Ducks take on the Avalanche.  It was a pretty awesome game.  Ducks won it on a shoot-out at the end.

As for who my household is rooting for, for this years Stanley cup, it has to be the Redwings.  Sorry but the Mrs was born in MI and has lotsa family there.  :)

Roxie

NBC was scheduled to carry the game Saturday night. 
Say when

Warbird

Quote from: Roxie on May 14, 2008, 02:43:03 PM
NBC was scheduled to carry the game Saturday night. 

That's the best news I've had all week!  THANKS!

Fla._Deadheader

:o :o  When did the Pingouins trade away, Jagr ???  :o :o

Caught part of a game ta udder night, and Jagr was playin for NY ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

isawlogs

::) ::)  'bout a hundre years ago . !!!  ;D

Last season played with Pittsburg was in 2001 He went to Washinton in july 2001 and went to New York in Jan 2004 ...  ;)

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

WELL. My stick ain't been on the ice for quite a spell.  ::) ;D :D :D

Thanks, Marcel.  ;) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

isawlogs

For those interested , its standing at 0 to 0 after 20 minutes , three power plays for Dallas and they could not get er by Osgood .  :-\  ( they look like they got golfidiss )

Well ....... after 40 minutes its 1 nothin fur Dallas . ( Shoulda been 1  1  But the officials are blind . ) Turcot ( Dallas goallie ).. is hot tonight . 

Marcel

mad dog

Dallas scored with 22 seconds  left,rats  Go REDWINGS!
mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

isawlogs

Wings just score ... a minute into the third period ....  :-\

Marcel

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Roxie on May 14, 2008, 02:29:55 PM
Quote from: Jeff on May 14, 2008, 01:27:13 PM
Go pingouins WINGS FLYERS STARS!!!  

Period 3 . . . . . 5:26 to play . . .
Stars 3
Wings 1

8) 8) 8)

Ain't over yet but hey. Looking good. We might not get skunked!
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Fla._Deadheader

Good game, even though Detroit got skinned with a bad call  :o ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

I figured the Wings would give the stars one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

They played for nearly a minute 6Wings against 3Stars , and still did not find the net  ::)  I think the Wings is getting old and windy ... windless ...  ;D

Marcel

sawguy21

The Wings looked sluggish, could not convert power plays including a five on three. The Stars are going to have to tighten up and stay out of the penalty box if they expect to continue. Detroit is normally too good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

Say when

isawlogs

Marcel

Roxie

Say when

isawlogs

Go Flyers Go !!!!    play golf !!!!   ;D ;D

Marcel

TexasTimbers

Marcel, the Stars penatly killing is usually among the league's best and often leads the the league.

Sometimes they act human though and look like the Flyers of last year. Hey man you have to hand it to those Flyers. Any team in any sport that goes from the WORST to the playoffs ther next year, that ain't disgraceful!

My prediction for tonight though:

Pangs 5 (at least one goal will be an empy netter)
Flies 2
::)

Sorry Roxie those Tuxedo Men are gonna be on fire tonight and want to end this thing to get some rest before advancing to the finals to face the  ................

DALLAS  STARS !

The great 33 year comeback of 2008!!!!

8) 8) 8)

I reserve the right to eat crow if Dallas experiences FTCS again.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

isawlogs

I am hoping that the Flyers stay asleep till the Pingouins put um out to pasture    ;D

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!