iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I have a bug in my ear

Started by limbrat, May 12, 2008, 01:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limbrat

After a few minutes i calmed down enough to remember that a dose of rubbing alchohol would make him stop trying to reach the other ear. After the strange sounds stopped i tried to float him out with some warm water, that didnt work. So i went to the E.R.. They could only see his rearend and could not get a grip on him to pull him out. They put some peroxide in my ear trying to desolve him enough to get him out in pieces. After a couple of hours they woke me up and told me to make an apointment with a ear nose and throat doctor, hoping that he may have some finer tools to try.(could have been my snoring)
So i called around and cant be seen untill Thursday morning. I sure wont this thing out of my ear. Anyone know how i can rot him out without harming my ear?
ben

trapper

do you know anyone that does ear candeling?  check at your natural foods store
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

limbrat

Never heard of it but i will check into it.
ben

metalspinner

Go see a Pediatrician.  I'm sure they have seen it all before. Besides, their tools are smaller. :D

When my youngest was about 3, he sucked up a flower bud from one of our bushes outside.  It was kind of weird the way it happened  ::) but, they were able to reach right up his little nose and grab it to pull it out.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

limbrat

Thats a ideal metalspinner i will start calling after this post.

I have been telling my girls and granddaughters for years that girls have kootys that live in there ears. They live there so that they can tell them strange girlish things to do while the little girl sleeps. So they have been very amused that i have a beetle stuck head first in my ear canal right against my ear drum.
ben

Nate Surveyor

My wife's little sister once got a jumping spider down here ear. When they tried to retrieve it, it bit her! Swelled all up, and hurt real bad.

Some of those bugs are real strong, and could cause alot of trouble.

Maybe shoot 'im with some chain saw mix!

Sorry about your dilemma!

N
I know less than I used to.

Jeff

In Northern Michigan our bugs just fly in one ear and right out the other. :-\ :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Not touching that one with a 20' pole!!! ;D :D :D :D

sgtmaconga

limbrat  i work midnight shift and went thru this same thing. mine was a dust moth and it drove me insane until they got it out. it took a realy funky pair of clamps to get it out.
Measure twice cut once

Tom

Quoteour bugs just fly in one ear and right out the other

That's funny. :D

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Tom on May 12, 2008, 04:32:49 PM
Quoteour bugs just fly in one ear and right out the other

That's funny. :D

I think it's sad, Tom,  but it does explain a lot ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

metalspinner

:D

A trick the doctor taught us for things stuck up the nose is to blow in the kids' mouth while holding the unobsructed nostril.  You just need to be aware of all the other stuff that can come out. :-\

limbrat

Quote from: sgtmaconga on May 12, 2008, 04:26:05 PM
limbrat  i work midnight shift and went thru this same thing. mine was a dust moth and it drove me insane until they got it out. it took a realy funky pair of clamps to get it out.
YES it a terrible sensation thank goodness we wernt still on the lake and i was able to kill him right away.
Quote from: Jeff on May 12, 2008, 04:08:33 PM
In Northern Michigan our bugs just fly in one ear and right out the other. :-\ :)
This was a local bug he propably forgot what he was doing and desided to stop and visit.

Nothing hurts it just feels like i have a ear plug in my ear. They gave me some drops to stop fungi and mold but i wont the thing OUT.
ben

Fla._Deadheader

Did you find those ear candles ??? They WORK.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Nate Surveyor

Maybe Jeff could just blow in the other ear, and it would hit the wall with such force, that your would have a hole in the plaster! :D :D :D

Gads. I really fee sorry for your buggy headed condition.

I mean, when the bug finally gets home, what is he gonna tell 'is wife, when he said "I'll be right back!"

Say, I hope you get revenge on what bugs you!

I cannot imagine how bad you must feel.

Nate
I know less than I used to.

Riles

Have you tried digging it out with your elbow? Some people can't reach... ;)
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

SwampDonkey

I had a black fly in an ear once. It buzzed around a bit in there and decided to fly back out.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

I would think a long billed woodpecker might be of assistance in this matter.  Perhaps you should contact the local Bird Society and see if they could locate an appropriate consulting woodpecker?  ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

asy

/me stays CAREFULLY away from da boss's fly-through dilemma...

Have they tried flushing it out like they do with impacted ear wax? When my son was little he had wax impacted against his eardrums so bad it rendered him almost deaf for the best part of a year (doctors wouldn't listen to me when I said there was something wrong  :-\ ) But in the end they flushed it out with syringes of warm water, but ya gotta be really careful not to direct the water straight down the ear canal, but along one wall and it sorta rolls around the end (the ear drum) and flushes back up.  If your doc (or a kindly nurse) hasn't tried that it may be worth it.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

limbrat

If your doc (or a kindly nurse) hasn't tried that it may be worth it.
Yes mam they tried that they also tried getting a vacume on his rearend with a piece of vinyl tube but they couldnt get a grip.
Quote from: metalspinner on May 12, 2008, 05:24:38 PM
:D

A trick the doctor taught us for things stuck up the nose is to blow in the kids' mouth while holding the unobsructed nostril.  You just need to be aware of all the other stuff that can come out. :-\
Didnt Bill Cosby have a simular home remedey? With another end result in mind.
Quote from: Texas Ranger on May 13, 2008, 08:46:06 AM
I would think a long billed woodpecker might be of assistance in this matter.  Perhaps you should contact the local Bird Society and see if they could locate an appropriate consulting woodpecker?  ;D
as long as she's cute
ben

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

limbrat

YES  8) 8) 8) I IS CURED, I IS CURED, I IS CURED  8) 8) 8) 8)
I got in a tub of hot water and adgiated it with one of them baby nose sucker things untill it broke up and came out.

Thank You for your suggestions and insights i think and your conserns.

I feel good think i will screen in my fish cleaning station tomorrow.
ben

metalspinner

Well, what kind of bug wuz it? ??? smiley_spider drop

asy

Aaaaah...  Much better1

Gotta love the old aspirette, useful tool, aren't they?

I echo the cry. What WAS it?!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!