iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goodbye to our friend - Nailhead.

Started by asy, May 03, 2008, 07:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carries-Mom

We are saddened by this news...condolences to Karen and the family..you will be in our thoughts and prayers...

ronwood

Karen and family you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes during a difficult time.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

dewwood

Just found this item on the forum and am deeply saddened.  I visited Pat & Karen last fall and they invited me into their home and made me feel like we had been friends for a long time.  He will be sorely missed by all.  My heartfelt condolences to Karen and their family.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Roxie

My heart goes out to his family and friends.  Taken way too soon. 
Say when

Bill Johnson

Sad news indeed my condolences to the family.
Bill

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Jeff

Jeff is up at our property and talked me through the posting process of this video by cellphone. This was taken during Jeff's visit with Pat at his sugarbush in April. Pat really loved to make maple syrup and the week before he passed away had sent jars out to several Forestry Forum friends. Jeff is stranded at the cabin right now but really wanted to share this with you guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy2k9khebc4
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

PawNature

GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

beenthere

Thanks for sharing the video. Brings tears to hear Pat talking his wisdom and to hear his chuckle.
Will miss him, and knew him for just a brief moment in time.
Burlkraft went up to the visitation this evening. Glad he was able to go.

Pasbuild, our prayers are with you too. I had heard Pat say he was a very close and dear friend to you, as you were to him.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

crtreedude

Sorry to hear this. One of the cost of getting to know people is the pain when they leave before you do.  :-\
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dana

Karen, I am sorry for your loss. As was mentioned above your husband was quick to offer advise. For me it was on syrup equiptment. We were to meet last summer at Buckley. I'm sorry that didn't work out.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Coon

Condolences from east central Saskatchewan. Pat, was a very wise man, and as mentioned earlier would offer advice in a heartbeat. Very unfortunate to hear of his passing.  He will be missed greatly.

I was thinking...  We as a forum should restore that old mill up in memory of Nailhead...  What do you think everyone?

Brad.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

farmerdoug

Sorry is all I can say.  I really would like to have met Pat.  Someday we will have another chance.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

ely

like many others on here, i had not met pat but i knew him on here. wow go away for a few days and come back to this.  my prayers are with karen and the family now.

oakiemac

Wow, I just heard about this-what a shock.

Pat was an exceptional host at the ATV ride and he will be greatly missed. I remember that he was going to sneak into the Huron Mt club and take pictures of some rock formations that were set there by the vikings. He wanted to do this in rememberance of a freind of his that recently passed away. That would of been quite a trip and I was looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

pasbuild

They say that the measure of a man is how he is thought of after he is gone.  Family and friends gathered Monday and yesterday to say good-by to the man you knew as nailhead.  The number of people that paid there respects spoke volumes for the man that Pat was and the life he lived.
On behalf of the family I would like to thank everybody for their prayers and well wishes, Karen is a strong women and with time and her many friends her pain will some day become bearable, please continue to pray for her and her family.

I am very blessed to have been able to call him my friend for the last twenty years.

I miss my friend :'( :'( :'( :'(
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!