iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goodbye to our friend - Nailhead.

Started by asy, May 03, 2008, 07:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

I've just got off the phone with Karen (Mrs Nailhead),

Pat, great friend and buddy of all on the FF, aka: Nailhead passed away this morning, from a massive heart attack. Aged 54.

Understandably Karen is distraught, and I wish there was something I could do for her, even just give her a hug.

Goodbye Pat. I'm SO sorry we never got to meet. I know we were planning your trip here and looking forward to it.  :-*

asy.

I hope this post makes sense, it's real hard to type through tears.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

blaze83

I'm sorry to hear of the loss, I'll be praying

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

thecfarm

That is so sad to hear.Our thoughts and prayers go out to Karen.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Fla._Deadheader

Condolences from Costa Rica.  :( :(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

isawlogs

Mrs Nailhead, please accept my deepest condolences , I am so , so sorry to hear of this .  :( :( :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Wildflower

I spoke with Karen earlier and got the visitation and funeral information.

Visitation is Monday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm and Tuesday 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The Funeral is at the Zion Lutheran Church in Skanee, Mi following visitation on Tuesday.

If we get anymore information we will pass it on.

Karen and family will be in our prayers. Pat will be forever remembered as a Dear friend and Forum member.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Reddog

Well first, that plain and simply sucks.

I truly enjoyed the time spent with him on the ATV ride. And had planned to stop and see him when ever I was in that area.
We wish his family the best in recovering and coping from this loss.

:(

Warbird

So sorry to hear this. :( I'll be praying for the family and friends.

Furby

Quote from: Reddog on May 03, 2008, 08:12:52 PM
Well first, that plain and simply sucks.

Can't describe it better myself! :'(

My condolences as well. :(

Kevin_H.

thoughts and Prayers from Kevin & Lynette
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Corley5

We lost a very good friend today  :( :'( :( :'(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Mooseherder

This is just terrible news.  Pat was a great guy and this is really unbelieveable.
Our condolences to Karen and your family, we are so sorry for your loss.  I truly enjoyed our time spent together last fall and learned alot from Pat also when he shared the beautiful U.P. with us.

Burlkraft

I am crushed by this news   :'(  :'(  :'(

Have a safe journey, Pat, my friend  :-\  :-\  :-\

It was a pleasure to know you and you there will be an empty spot in my life forever more.

My deepest sympathy's to Karen and the rest of the family.

The forum has lost a true friend today  :'( :'( :'(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

woodbowl

This is tough. Condolences to all of Pat's family. It was a pleasure to have known him. May God help you all through this time.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

I was shocked and deeply saddened when Tom called to tell me this terrible news, this afternoon.  It brought back the memory of that first few moments of the first Piggy Roast I attended.  Ol' Tom was anchoring a rocking chair on the front porch of Jeff and Tammy's little cabin.  The piggy was doing his thing in the roaster, and there before my eyes stood Nailhead, Chet, Pasbuild, Furby, and Marcel.  What a magical moment that was!  I have relived that little experience a thousand times in my mind, but now the memory has a hole in it.  Like a piece of "character wood" with a strategically place knothole, that memory has become even more special today.  I will miss Pat, even though I only met him twice, but I don't think I've seen the last of him.  Some day, either tomorrow or forty years from now, or somewhere in between, I'll cross that river too.  I figger Pat will be there with a Bleue for me and a big grin on his face, and all will be right again.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

chet

I'm at a total loss for words.  :'(

Judy and I offer our deepest sympathy's to Pat's family.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Norm

Please accept our heartfelt sympathies. 

Jeff

Pat, I miss you.  Ive been sitting here in the cabin most of the night thinking. Thinking for the first time that I wish I wasn't here.  Wishing I was somewhere where I could do something, but knowing there is nothing that will help. There is nothing I can say to convey my sense of loss. The day before I left for here I got a package from Pat. The last IM I had before leaving was from Pat. As I sit here the half pint of Maple syrup on the table, Pat's U.P. gold,, looks like a 55 drum. Its the biggest and most important thing in the cabin to me.  I'm Glad to have seen Pat just last month and it hurts unbareably to know  I wont be seeing him again soon.  I wish like  Asy I was just able somehow to be there and give Karen a hug.  Pat, I miss you
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

asy

Ya know Jeff, somehow the world just seems a smaller place tonight. I never got to meet Pat, but I'm real good friends with Karen. I just finished my jar of Pat's Maple Syrop last week. I just wish I'd kept that tablespoon in the jar so it'd always be there.

I'm still in tears. I just can't breathe for Karen's loss. I know how much she adored him and it kills me to think some day I may have to walk in her shoes, but for today I watch her from afar and knowing there's not a DanG thing I can do to comfort her is breaking my heart.

I know Andrew had to ask me four or five times whether I was kidding. We were planning their trip here, as I said before, and Andrew's catch cry when he couldn't work out how to do something on the farm was "Don't worry, Pat'll show me how to do that when he gets here"...

I'd really like to ask any forum member who is able to go to the funeral or visit with Karen to please PLEASE give her a hug and tell her it's from me.

asy.  (sorry, no smiley face today)

Addition:
Just got this in an email from Karen, in that email she also asked me to thank everyone for their kind thoughts:
We are having visitation at Reids Funeral Home. L'Anse, MI Mon. from 6-8 pm. The funeral will be at the Zion Lutheran Church, Skanee at 11 am Tues. with visitation at 10 am. A luncheon is to follow. - Just in case anyone wants to go...
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

SwampDonkey

Sorry for the loss of a great forum member. I still remember the maple syrup he sent way out here in my corner of the continent.

Just yesterday I heard of the passing of a local woodlot owner and dairy farmer who died as he was climbing into his pickup with his wife.  :(

I had thinned 40 acres of his woods 2 years ago.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Greg Cook

"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

beav39

our deepest thoughts and prayers go out to the family safe passage pat   he will be missed
sawdust in the blood

stumpy

I never had the pleasure of meeting Nailhead, but, after reading all of your kind words, I feel as if I knew him well.  I will say a prayer for him and his family.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Thank You Sponsors!