iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 61

Started by bandmiller2, May 03, 2008, 03:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Quick question guys I have a husky 61 ran and started fine last week.Today it will start right up then quit,will restart and quit choke can't keep it running.Yea its got gas,what should i check before getting into the carb.The electronic module was replaced recently and its run since.Thanks Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

jokers

Captain

WDH

My Husky 61 will crank and run fine until it gets hot.  If you cut off the engine and then try to re-start in a minute or two, it will not start.  It has to cool all the way down before it will start again. 

What do you think is causing this problem?  I am very frustrated with it at this point.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

logwalker

CDI is a good place to look. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

Capacitor Discharge Ignition a.k.a ignition module. They can crap out when hot. Check for spark with a reliable tester as soon as it quits. If D.O.A. replace the module. If you buy a module and it does not solve the problem, the dealer likely will not take it back.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

Thank you logwalker and sawguy21.  That is probably it.  I ran over the saw with the tractor.  That toasted the chain-brake and it needs a new cover (duct tape is wonderful stuff....).  Now a CDI probably.  Will probably cost about $250 - $300 to get it back in top condition. 

ely

any updates on this 61. just curious i have mine in the shop now for repairs.

Thank You Sponsors!