iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need a Very Smart Person

Started by Fla._Deadheader, April 30, 2008, 09:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

To help by burning DVD's of Videos.

Now, Nothing illegal, I don't think ???  I have a definite need to view several videos that are on Youtube. I could probably obtain permission from the producers of the videos, to burn 1 copy of each.

Is there a way to do the burning from Youtube ???  I have seen where it is not possible, but, anything is possible, if you know how.

Reason for this: some of the videos are from all 4 corners of the world. It is very difficult to receive mail here. If these DVD's could be made, and mailed to Florida, I could pick them up, or have someone in transit here, bring them down. Takes me HOURS to try to download videos, here.

This is VERY important stuff to me.  ANYONE ???  IDEAS ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Radar67

I saw some software a while back that would allow you to record anything you could get to show on your computer screen. I'll have to see if I can track the name down again.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warbird

You need to thoroughly read the EULA's before you engage in this activity.  I'm not sure on the legality of doing what you talk about here.  That being said, I'll PM you a site with further information.

Warbird

So after sending you that link, I got curious and went digging.  Didn't take long to find the following: "C. You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or YouTube Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate."

Taken from here: http://www.youtube.com/t/terms

So please disregard that link I sent you.  In fact, if a moderator has the power to delete PM's, please just delete it?  Thanks.

Jeff

We have no control or access to IMs other then we can stop someone from sending them by placing bans.

And it is not legal to copy Youtube content.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

johncinquo

Why do they have that button that says "Save this video" at the end of many of the clips, if it is illegal?   :P 

To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Fla._Deadheader

Trying to throw water, on a smoking pile here, Let me state what my intentions are.

I can NOT download the videos without, 1. connection timing out, OR 2. Waiting MANY hours for the content to download, PER VIDEO, if at all.

My THOUGHTS are, IF you can download content from youtube ONTO your computer, and want to watch the stuff more than 1 time, how is that illegal ???  I'm NOT wanting to recopy or redistribute OR sell anything. If it's ON my computer, how is this dvd burning, illegal ???  What kind of disclosures does a person have to agree to, to make their videos APPEAR on youtube, in the first place ???  The content was NOT copied , like in the music industry ???

This is just and simply VERY important info for me, and I NEED someone that would be interested in helping.  ANY Takers ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

DouginUtah

Harold,

Google is your friend....

You can see how many sites tell how to do this by entering:

copy youtube videos kiss

(about 2 million)

or http://applian.com/flvplayer/index_nonav.php?src=NoNav

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Warbird

Quote from: johncinquo on April 30, 2008, 03:22:33 PM
Why do they have that button that says "Save this video" at the end of many of the clips, if it is illegal?   :P 

Some folks opt to let others download videos they've placed on youtube.  If they've done that, then obviously it is not breaking their copyright to download it.

Radar67

It's not legal to copy the shows on television either, but people still do it.  ;) IMO it is the redistributing, selling, and sharing that becomes an issue. Just my 2 cents.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Furby

A search for "saving youtube videos" brings up all kinds of info, but I've yet to find one that works in the last couple of months.
Kissyoutube did work at one time, but they were down last I looked and their other option wasn't working.

I'm with Radar with my 2 cents.

isawlogs

Harrold ,
If I had the connecton that permitted me to do any of it , I would look into how to have it done and sent it to you by now .  :-\
I am only lacking the connection and the knowhow .  ::) :P ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Marcel.

If I had the connection, I would do it myself. Can't believe there is not 1 person that is interested ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

isawlogs

Whoa Whoa la   Dont I count  :'(   :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

I REALLY thought your understanding of English is better than that, Marcel.  ::) ::)

OF COURSE you count. You are just in the same boat I am, bad connection.

Down here, there are 3 rates for Internet Access. First is the Monopoly, Racsa. That gives ACCESS. Second is ICE (EE say). They are the Phone Monopoly, which allows Phone connection. THEN, you get charged so much extra, after  so many minutes a month or "Hits" as they call it. ???

Still doesn't add up to fast connection ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

isawlogs

Ok   ;) , If you do figure out how to do it Let me know, I will get my son to get er done .. he has extreme connection ....  ::)  Like in ya cant type quick enough ....

Marcel

Radar67

FDH, PM me with what you want. I don't have a DVD burner, but I may be able to come up with something that will work.

rebocardo

If you run Firefox, grease money, and a few other things (minitube, youtube alt. player, etc.) you can capture and download videos.

johncinquo

I'd be happy to help ya out.  You pay the shipping. :D 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Fla._Deadheader

Only have to ship the DVD's to Florida. 10 Bux ???  ::) ;D ;D ;D

Someone already stepped up, BUT, I'll keep you in mind.  8) Thanks.  8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

johncinquo

Aww Fl's only a couple bucks.  I thought you were still down in central america.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Fla._Deadheader

Still AM. That's why I have to ask for help  ::) ::) ;D ;D :) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!