iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucas side shift winder adjuster

Started by WildDog, April 28, 2008, 07:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDog

Hopeing someone here has used the new side winder attachment Lucas is now fitting,  I'd be real kean to know what they are like e.g faster, accuracy, before forking out the $$. My 827 has the holes pre drilled but came out just before the shift winder was released.

We were milling last week in the rain on a slight side slope. When the friction pad mixed with sawdust was wet it was harder than usuall to move freely, especially at the end of the day, It would be good if the shift winder made it easier.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Drew b

I got one of the first about a year ago and haven't looked back.  I was surprised it took them so long to figure it out.  Definitely an improvement.

WildDog

Thanks for the reply Drew b, much appreciated, you've sold me, I reckon I will order one. Always thought Peterson had it over Lucas with this type of adjustment.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

J D in AUS

WildDog  Go for it, sidewinder is great, you can also use it to load onto ute of the ground if you need to. JD

WildDog

J D in Aus, great idea using it to load with, i load into a trailer, may be able to cut down on weight and give away the loading ramps.

I was on a course today and one of the other blokes is milling for his new house and has the sidewinder..loves it.

Where in Aus J D?

J D in AUS

Warwick Queensland   J D

Thank You Sponsors!