iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Two lessons for all of us

Started by low_48, April 27, 2008, 05:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

low_48

My 48 year old brother passed away yesterday morning. He suffered for the basically the past year with colon cancer, but this month or so was hell on earth for him. I am so relieved today that his suffering is over. I want to pass on the last two lessons I learned from him.

1) DON'T IGNORE ANY SIGNS OF TROUBLE WITH THE COLON  There is a chance that it is not hemroids.

2) MAKE YOUR LAST ACT ON EARTH FUN AND MEMORABLE. He wants all his pallbearers to be dressed in the mechanic shirt/pants that they wear at work. They will be from the farm implement dealer where he drove the delivery semi, and a auto mechanic shop where he also worked part-time. They are to take his casket from the funeral and put it on the flat bed that he drove. They will strap it down and take him to the cemetary. In his own words as told to me, "I hauled for them, they can haul me." He will also be dressed in blue jeans, a t-shirt, and his farm work boots.

Thanks for the last laugh brother! ;)

Makes me think that some of us should be put on the log trailer and taken back to the woods. Hug your loved ones tonight for me.  :(

Tom

My heart goes out to you.  Forty-eight is too young.  You sound like you have it all in hand. 

When I go to Charlie's funeral, I think I'll have wheels put on the casket.

It's tough thinking of losing a Brother, kin or not.

He must have been great company, with a sense of humor like that.  :)

ARKANSAWYER

NOW!  That is a man I would have loved to known!  I just hope he was blessed with the knowledge of the Good LORD.  To You and Yourn our prayers.
ARKANSAWYER

thecfarm

Sorry to hear of your loss.Keep his memories alive everyday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

My brother was 41 when he passed. I feel your loss. Jody never owned a suit in his life and was dressed much the same as your brother when we laid him to rest. Hold his memory close. A brother is someone truly special.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Don K

Sorry to hear about your brother. Bad as it may sound, sometimes a release from the hurting and pain is better than watching them suffer.

I am so close to his age it reminds you that you are but one breath from your last.

God bless you and keep you close,
Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

John_Haylow

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Woodchuck53

Go with our prayers as well.  Guys don't wait till your 50 to get a yearly check up. CV
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

OneWithWood

After talking with you last year I can appreciate your feelings.
It is good his suffering has ended but the loss of not being able to share time with him anymore is huge.
You will definately be in my thoughts this day.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Patty

I am very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine your pain.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ernie

Our prayers are with you and your family, home with the Lord.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

deeker

To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Warbird

I've prayed for your brother and your family.  God bless.

WildDog

Take care, look to your mates, family and fond memories when the coming times get tough, I hope these times are only moments for you.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

ely

very good lessons, thanks for sharing with us. i am sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family.

Polly

8)  my brother died of colin cancer also age 46 his doctor said he had hemroids he never had his colin checked

Burlkraft

My condolences.

He sounded like a good man.

Burl...
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!