iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

firewood business

Started by arlen, April 26, 2008, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlen

I have a 1 acre lot in San Diego County. about 1/2 could be used for a wood business. Because I don't have a lot of space I thought I would buy a wood bundler and try and make a little extra money selling wood to camp grounds or beach fire pits. I love to use my new saw 6410 Makita I was cutting 24" rounds with a 20" bar and it cut great I could stall it if I pushed it into the wood hard. I bought the woodsman pro chain full chisle from baileys it worked great. any advice would be gretly appreciated thanks David

sawdust

Welcome Arlen,

I too have a Makita saw and LOVE the thing.
What is a bundle of wood worth where you are? How bout a cord?

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

arlen

Quote from: sawdust on April 26, 2008, 11:58:28 PM

Welcome Arlen,

I too have a Makita saw and LOVE the thing.
What is a bundle of wood worth where you are? How bout a cord?

sawdust

I bundle of wood is $7.-, a cord of euc is about $165.- if you pick it up

beenthere

Quote from: arlen on April 26, 2008, 11:51:16 PM
......... I love to use my new saw 6410 Makita I was cutting 24" rounds with a 20" bar and ............

Would that be the 6401 Makita ?? :)  ???

There is a business doing the firewood bundling near here, and they sell mainly in the Chicago market. Size of stick and fast burning wood is most desired. They bundle white birch exclusively.  Tried mixing in hickory, and were getting complaints that the fires lasted too long.  ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

arlen

Thanks for the advice I could use pine. I was thinking of eucalyptus. Yes the makita 6401 I love that saw. I payed $ 418.- plus free shipping at tool ? I am very happy with the saw.  ;D David

Cedarman

If I've got my nice honey next to me and the fire is blazing brightly in the fireplace and the wine is disappearing  I've got another fire blazing and don't need the fireplace anymore.  So I am ready for the fireplace to die out .
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!