iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lube-Mizer pump

Started by John_Haylow, April 26, 2008, 09:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Haylow

I suspect my Lube-Mizer pump has packed it in. I had a job planned for tomorrow and was checking things over and found it was not operating and the light was not on. I found the fuse behind the Lube-Mizer box was blown and I replaced it the only one I had and it was a 10 amp instead of a 5 amp that came out of it.

I got the light to come on but it would not pump, when I felt the pump it was quite warm so I removed the fuse and shut things down. It doesn't look like much of a job to put a new one in, I hope that is all it is. No sawing for me until, I talk to Wood-Mizer on Monday.

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

MartyParsons

There are two parts available for the LMS pump you can purchase just the head and the complete pump. I take some of these apart in the field and attempt to get them to work. Sometimes I am sucessful sometimes not. There are two little bearings  that lock mostly and some the armature magnets rust to the fields and then the magnets come loose. I have tapped these motors and they start working. I think inactivity is worse than running long hours? John you will need the complete pump if the motor has stalled. Change the fuse back to the 5 amp, it is to trip if there is a motor failure or motor freeze up.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

John_Haylow

Marty,
Thanks for your tips. I did try and give the pump a little tap, but still no go.No big deal I have firewood to cut anyway. I will be sure to get some 5 amp fuses when I order the new pump.
Thanks again,
John

Tom

I've been in a "no go" situation like that with my LT40 and be so frustrated I could chew nails.   I would be so involved in trying to make something that was broke, work, or replace a part, that I completely forgot that there were more ways to "skin a cat".

That pump is a neat tool, but, you could get buy with a milkjug of water and plastic tubing tied up there with a piece of rope.   

If the looks don't bother you, it might mean the difference in a $500 day or a day spending money looking for parts at the Auto store. :)

Bailing wire and hay string has gotten me through a lot of trying situations.  :D

John_Haylow

Good idea, Tom. If I'd been looking at a $500 day I would have dreamed something up, but it's a barely break-even job for a friend, and nothing urgent. In case you were on a paying job, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a spare pump, or the parts to convert your water jug to a drip style.
Take care Tom,
John

John_Haylow

I talked with Brian at Wood-Mizer on Monday and it sounded like the pump to him. I ordered a new one and had it at my door this am. I installed it tonight, not a hard job at all and it is working fine. Marty, I will keep the old one for spare parts. Thanks Wood-Mizer. :)
John

buzzegray

Has anyone tried a garden sprayer body and pump to push the water(+ adjuncts)?

Thank You Sponsors!