iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logrite folks are the best!

Started by rfalk, April 24, 2008, 09:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfalk

Ordered online a new 60" peavy from Logrite a couple days ago.....got a call yesterday from Kevin of Logrite...."Sorry", he says, "we are backordered on the blue ones....I can send you an orange one. It's got a scratch, but I'll take $25 off....."Sure", says I, "Don't own a WM, but orange will move a log as good as blue".

More impressive than the discount was the fact that they made a personal call to do what they could to please their customer. Impressive in this day and age of impersonal online businesses, indifferent customer service centers, and being put on-hold indefinitely.

Cheers to Logrite!

Bob
Wood engineer, woodworker, chainsaw miller, bandsaw miller, all around lover of wood.
Stihl 026, 361, 076 AV

379hammerdown

I've heard a lot of good things about Logrite and the quality of their tools. I've got a cant hook  already right now thats probably about half way through its life, but as soon as it looks like its on its last legs.... I'll be ordering from them for sure! Thanks for sharing  :)

Ironwood

I think I will call them and get in line for the next scratch and dent deal.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Dave Shepard

I bought a LogRite "second", I had to email them to find out what was wrong with it. :D  ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dodgy Loner

I ordered a Logrite peavey this spring, and I mentioned that I was buying it based on the excellent reviews I had received from the Forestry Forum.  I got a call from them that afternoon, offering me a scratch and dent discount on account of my FF membership.  Great product, great customer service...and I still haven't found the scratch :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

sgtmaconga

me and dad are working ours hard and it's still like new from christmas. thanks again logrite
Measure twice cut once

Bibbyman

Next one I need to order I'll ask them to put at least one scratch and one dent in it.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

flip

Ditto that Bib, I hate to be the first one to scratch a new tool ;D I have 2 48" and have no idea what I would do without them.  They have been used for their intended purpose, as a pry bar, a hammer, saw chain stop ::) (don't ask about that one), a leg in between logs rescue tool, a stress reliever  :-X, a debarker, cant turner you name it.  Unequivically the best tool for the mill I have ever purchased.  Thanks Logrite!!
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

John S

Are the Stihl cant hooks made by Logrite?
John
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

beenthere

Yes
Taken at 2005 piggy roast...that is Kevin announcing their new line.

and I found one at my Stihl dealer.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ely

mine has alot of scratches and dents, it is a red one, called it a christmas special i think. anyway it is a very good tool and i will not be with out one ever, unless it gets stolen. i will have to buy my dad one of his own a little bit longer than mine. it wears me out walking the 25 ft over to his mill to retrieve my canthook.

Tam-i-am

Kevin prides himself on his customer service. ;D

Now if he would just keep my desk clean.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Dan_Shade

Messy desks are a sign of brilliance!

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

woodmills1

mine got caught between the trailer and a log it is a scratch and dent but when I get the new truck I am getting the biggest that fits ina tool box already ona truck.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Brucer

After I put the deposit on my first mill, I ordered a Logrite mill special -- 6 weeks before I got the mill ;D. Never got a confirmation on my order. After a week I sent an e-mail asking if they got my order. Got a phone call from Kevin that night, apologizing for the delay and explaining that they were right in the middle of setting up a Canadian distributer. He gave me the distributer's contact information and I called the guy -- he was kinda surprised to get an order before he'd even got his stock in :D.

Half a year later I rolled a 2000 lb log over that cant hook -- bent the handle in two directions. Despite my best straightening efforts, the hook would corkscrew out of the log whenever I put any pressure on it. So I called the distributer and asked him what the chances were of getting a replacement handle. I really didn't figure the warranty was intended to cover this sort of treatment. He talked to Kevin, and  the first response was, we'll sell you a replacement handle at cost, and throw it in with the next regular shipment so there's no shipping charges. Next day the distributer called back, and said, "Hey, you were our first customer. Kevin's going to ship you a free replacement handle."

I've since bought a 60" peavey from them. I expect my main customer will buy some logrite tools when his wooden handled ones break ('cause I whine at his guys when they try to borrow mine).

Take care of your customers and they will take care of you.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!