iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wooden Stakes??

Started by KjBarnwood, April 22, 2008, 11:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KjBarnwood

Is there a market for wooden stakes?  I often pass an Amish shop, and that seems to be all they make, and believe me they make a huge amount of them.  Is there that big of a demand for them, if so what? 

Keith

schmism

surveying and contractors.

construction stakeing.
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

kevingreiner

And tree nurseries.

We sell several thousand a month. A variety of sizes 1x1, 1x2, and 2x2 from 3' to 6'. $1/BF + $0.20 to point.
WM LT70HDD62, kiln, NH skidsteer, Keystone stake pointer

John_Haylow

Quote from: kevingreiner on April 22, 2008, 02:23:42 PM
And tree nurseries.

We sell several thousand a month. A variety of sizes 1x1, 1x2, and 2x2 from 3' to 6'. $1/BF + $0.20 to point.

What type of sharpener or sharpeners do you use?
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

kevingreiner

We used to use a radial arm saw to make chisel points but that got old fast. We bought a Keystone stake pointer about 6 months ago and it's been working great for our relatively low volume of stakes. Cost about $4,500 roughly.

http://www.keystonemachine.org/ManualStakePointer/ManualPointer.html
WM LT70HDD62, kiln, NH skidsteer, Keystone stake pointer

John_Haylow

Kevin_H.

John, if you have not done it yet do a search on here for survey or grade stakes, there are several threads with some interesting reading on them.

I have the manual pointer from hudson and I wish I had gotten the air operated one from keystone.

Kevin H.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

John_Haylow

Thanks Kevin H, I will give that a try.
John

Thank You Sponsors!