iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anyone know what it is

Started by limbrat, April 21, 2008, 11:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limbrat

lets see if i can get this to work?
if it worked thats my thumb.
These plants are on a shelf in a ditch. There is little or no topsoil just a moist sand clay. here are some babies
It looks like dew but it took the pictures in the afternoon. There little sticky droplets on the end of hairs.
ther are a couple of hundred in about ten square feet,and non anywere else
ben

limbrat

cool i can post pictures now. thank you Jeff for the new tutorial.
ben

WDH

Looks like a sundew.  It is carnivorous.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Timburr

Yes, definately a sundew.   The larger ones have been known to take small, straying children!  :D :D

The sticky beadlets attract, capture and digest insects.   They (insects) are the only nitrogen the plant can attain on impoverished soils.
Sense is not common

Dodgy Loner

Cool plants.  Never seen anything quite like it. :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Tom

I've got those on my  place too.  Sometimes, to really get into the Flora and Fauna, one must get on his knees and stick his nose to the ground.   When I do (seldom anymore.... my stomach gets in the way) I'm amazed at the number of small flowering plants that I never new to exist.

limbrat

They are neat if i thought they would take i would put some beds around the house to dine on the fire ants. ;D

These are in a ditch near my six year old grandsons house i think they are up high enough to avoid the little boys with dip nets.
ben

metalspinner

Oh, Boy!

My son is going to love looking at those tomorrow. :)  He wants so badly to have a carnivorous plant garden. :D  We have had no luck with the little flytraps from the garden centers. :(
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!