iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmills in Northern Illinois

Started by bvh56, April 16, 2008, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bvh56

Can anyone tell me of a sawmill service in the Nothern Illinois area. Portable or stationary.

stumpy

If you don't find someone closer, I do saw down in Illinois.  The people I saw for couldn't find anyone or couldn't get anyone to return their call.  Email me or send me a PM.  My Email is  jvogt@wi.rr.com.  Or go to the home page of Forestry forum and click on my link     Stumpys woodworks
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

HOOF-ER

Daren is in Central Il you might check with him.
Home built swing mill, 27hp Kawasaki

Jeff

Look in the upper right hand corner at the find a sawyer link as well if the choices above wont work.   In Illinois I get:

Brighton sawmill and forest    Illinois   Brighton
   Bull Brothers Sawmilling   Illinois   Buffalo
   Heritage Horselogging&Lumber Co.   Illinois   Stockton
   Hogback Hardwoods   Illinois   Orangeville
   Nelson Company L.L.C.   Illinois   Lovington
   OutBack WoodShop   Illinois   Tilden
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Daren

Quote from: HOOF-ER on April 17, 2008, 06:42:04 PM
Daren is in Central Il you might check with him.

:D I told him to check Forestry Forum  ;), we talked a few days before the original post.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

HOOF-ER

I thought maybe you could help,,, seems you were already :D ;D
Home built swing mill, 27hp Kawasaki

bvh56

Thanks guys. All those listed are pretty far south from me. The reason I asked was I wanted to buy a mill for my own use. But after thinking about it and doing some research I thought it might be a good idea to Mill part-time to help pay for the mill and maybee Make a little extra income.I cant seem to find anyone in this area that does this service so it might be a opportunity. Standby for more questions if you guys dont mind help me out. 

ronwood

bvh56

You might want to also check with some of the bandsaw builders. I know that Woodmizer has a list of sawyers that own their mill. I think Timberking and Baker has the same thing.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

MP Wall

I see a few mills in the Grayslake area, but they don't advertise their services that I have ever seen. One of the tree services has one and an excavator guy has one as well.

MP Wall

Emah

Hey Guys
We have plenty of owners in IL and WI if that was a option that do custom milling. If your interested contact me for more details of our owners.

Thanks
Emah
Life is how you make it

Thank You Sponsors!