iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old sawmill

Started by CLL, April 15, 2008, 09:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLL

Just saved from the scrap yard. Don't know anything about it, except everything seems to turn yet. Anyone have any ideas what its worth, as my aunt wants to sell it, of course 10% to the forum. Arkansawyer what you think??
Too much work-not enough pay.

Dan_Shade

what kind of mill?  pictures?  condition? 

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

CLL

CLL

Ironwood

Looks like it should go to a museum, that is not to offend. It looks intact, and untouched for some time. This is a compliment. From my experience, circle mills go pretty cheap as most folks want bandmills for cheap blades. Circle mill blades tend to be expensive.

I wish I could see more detail (I love ole stuff). Are there any local "rusty arn" groups around that wouls want it for their display? We have a local group called Fort Allen Tractor Club. They have some acreage and a sawmill, black smith shop, pavillion, and have bi annual "days" were people come out and see horse plowing and all the fun stuff. My wife calls them "Gezzer Ambassadors" after the one guy had a name tag that said that.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

leweee

;D Here's one in action. ;D

You Tube :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!