iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

trees

Started by Wade, May 28, 2003, 05:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade

Hello everyone,
  I was just wondering what a guy has to do to get more trees under his name? ;D Do you have to be someone important? 8)
 Wade
If it's worth cutting down a tree for, it's worth doing right

OneWithWood

Important helps but being glib is better  :D  :D  ;D

Oh, yeah, having a thick skin and a sense of humor is real high on the list also. :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

AtLast

thats where the " senior member" comes in to play....maybe they need to make that grey colored or sumthin... :D...ohhhhh boy...am I gunna regret sayin that..actually the impression I get is those are the guys that promarly have the answers to the questions us newbies are always relying on....so to cover my " 6" I'll say thank you now and hope they know I was kiddin about the grey thing... :)

ohsoloco

I don't have a lot of answers, I just talk alot I guess  :-/  :D

Grampa_Joe

I've got a lot of grey and I can't even figure out how to get another tree in North Dakota.
Grampa Joe

DanG

Wade, ya just gotta participate more. You can grow trees by sharing a lot of knowledge on the board, or by asking a lot of questions. They'll also sprout for you if you BS a lot about Grits and stuff, or even if you're just a blabbermouth.  Mainly, the trees indicate a member's level of participation, via the number of postings he has made. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Percy

Heya Wade,
Like you, I have only one tree too, but unbeknownst to the guys with the forests, our trees are the high dollar NFFM trees(New Forestry Forum Members)  and we have already cut up all our other ones 8)...AND I dont know about you but Im eyeballin theirs as well allthough they are just regular Maple/Cedar/...the cheap stuff :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Jeff

:D

There is more out there then just Trees guys. Other things appear on the forum as well with the level of posting. :-X
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodmills1

gray or not it pays if ya just look good :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

dewwood

Maybe I just need to fertilize more!  
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Fabiola

I just have one tree also and I was always wondering why people would have more...
My question is can I change the Pine tree and put some nice trapical tree like a tipical brazilian one?
Fabíola.
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Jeff

Thats not a pine. Thats a forestry forum tree. They grow every where. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fabiola

Can I find them here in Brasil?
Let me put a nice brasilian tree though. Much beautiful!!!!! :D
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

biziedizie

I like the Forestry Forum trees cause they match the trees I have on my business cards. :)

Steve

Fabiola

Did you copy it or it just happened to be like that?

Fabíola.
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Fla._Deadheader

Fabiola. How about posting some pictures of the wood from Brasil??  I spend some time in Costa Rica, and the wood there is gorgeous. I'm trying to figger a way to get my mill to Costa Rica ::) :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Fabiola

I was trying to get some pictures but I am not that good with computers and uploads and this kind of thing. I will do it dont worry. The Costa Rica forestry is not that much different then the Amazon forestry but the one we have down here in Rio is just something!
Just wait and you will see.
Fabíola.
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Texas Ranger

For those of you who think fertilizer may help your stand of Forum Trees.  If fertilizer were all that it took here on the forum, you wouldn't be able to see the screen for trees. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

:D I've had people ask if that BS behind my name stood for Bachelor of Science.  :-/ :P :D

dail_h

Everything that smells ain't necessarly fertilizer :D Trees from Brazil,I can't hardly wait,I always wanted to go there and see the rainforest.Speaking of trees I just realised that I got the third one,wonder how long its been there? Couldn'ta been long cause don't much get by me
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Fabiola

I will spend the weekend working as a volunteer at the  forestry just here in my town. Brasil has 3 major kinds of forestry formation. I hope you understand "formation".
We have Rainforestry up at north, the famous Amazon Forestry! We have "cerrado" in the middle of the country, it is like savana. And we have the most beautiful forestry in the world along the cost called Tropical forestry. And Rio is just in the middle of this amazing environmental.
I will take some pictures and ask for a nice web site where you will be able to see it.
For now it is weekend.
Have fun.
Back on monday.
Fabíola.
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Fabiola

I got a new tree.
I guess I am getting easy to be found chating at the forum.
Just wait and I will have a Amazon Forest under my name!
Fabiola.
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Tom

yep, you're building your woods.

AtLast

SEE...." dont much get by me"....its that ole grey thingy again....OPPSS...I gotta remember....Im not to far behind  :-X.....you " out of staters"

Thank You Sponsors!