iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ooooops....

Started by zopi, April 11, 2008, 08:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

finally screwed up and sawed the tip off of the back dog....woops.

pretty much jacked the three 2x4s I was cutting up too...

soooo...put a new blade on and comp cut the top off the 2" flitches, only to have the flitches pop out of the clamps
and lay over on me...fortunately I shut it down quick....

some days, you just ought to stay in the house and play solitaire... :D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

There is them dayz!

I left my two guys sawing today, while I went to do piano work.
They were cutting well and the metal detector was working well, too... uh,
for a while.

I bet you don't have to guess why their progress was interrupted:
20 penny nails that the detector decided not to detect.  It caught the
first two, but either it had a spasm or one of my guys did.  Four teeth
bit the dust on that one.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

deeker

8) 8) Welcome, a true sawyer.  Makes a neat sound.....not that I would know.

Kevin Davis
Ruff Cutts
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the club. ;) ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dan_Shade

my day way beats that....

this morning I had a job, the plan was to meet up with the guy at 8am.  I get there at 8, and he's waiting on me at the jobsite with his dumptruck (to load the lumber into).  he goes into the site, and I follow him, and proceed to get hung up right off the road, he shuts off his dumptruck and comes back to see how bad I am stuck.

we decide to try to pull me out with his dumptruck. So he goes back to the dumptruck, but it won't start because the starter solenoid is sticking.  While he and his helper were messing with that, i tied my winch line to a big log at the back of one of the log piles and barely managed to pull my way out.  He finally got his dump truck running by jumping the solenoid.  

So then we get set up and start sawing, about 500bf into the job, I managed to saw a bit farther through a backstop, but didn't quite make it.  Then my up/down quit working and I chased that down to a tripped breaker (I was just thankful that the setworks board didn't burn up on me) .

We finally get 1800 bf sawn up and loaded onto his dumptruck and I fish my way around all of the mudholes and get out on the road, and I wait and wait and wait for the guys to come out behind me.  So I get out of my pickup and I hear a sarcastic "help" yell, so I wander back in there, and the dumptruck, which now has 1800+ board feet in the bed, has one set of the duals on the back buried in a stump hole.  we quickly assessed that we were in way deeper than my winch could fix, so he called a friend of his to rescue him.  The fella shows up in his pickup and then disappeared to show up a half hour later with a HUGE Volvo loader and pulled him the rest of the way out onto the road, and he only got stuck 2 more times...  

Then we all headed home.  What a day...
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

zopi

jeez Dan, this is my party! lol

didn't jack the blade too bad...set is outta whack...went through the top 1/4 inch of dog like butter..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dan_Shade

they'll cut a lot deeper than you'd think they would!

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dan_Shade

my day was so full of aggrivation, that I forgot one of my ordeals above!

when I started sawing, I attempted to lower my rear roller and the hydraulics hose blew off.  A quick assessment there deemed that it wasn't "field repairable" with the parts I had with me, so I went to my dumpster truck and found two plastic bags that I used to wrap around the hose fittings and broken hose to keep the dirt out of there for the day....

I then pulled the rubber handle off of the valve handle so I wouldn't accidentally pull it. 

Today was a trying day...

zopi

it's bad when friday feels like monday...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dan_Shade

yeah...

the funny thing was I asked the guy if he wanted to saw again tomorrow, and he was like "are you kidding"?

(actually he has his kids tomorrow, so he couldn't anyways) 

So I have tomorrow free!  yippie!!!

Radar67

You need  one of these Dan...

Clamp Tite Tool

Woodbowl used one on a hydraulic hose and said it held. I got one at Moultrie last year and it has come in handy a couple of times.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

woodmills1

wonder when mizer makes a metal cutting version...........
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

zopi

neat toy...I might have to make one of them....not chokin' up 70 bux...besides...need to play with the lathe sometime...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Radar67

I've got the middle one and I believe woodbowl does as well. I can get enough torque to cut clean through a rubber automotive hose pretty quick.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

easymoney

that is one of those things that make you go why didnt i think of that? good idea but seems a bit pricey tho. just wait a while and you can get a chinese knockoff for $5.95 from harbor freight.  ;D

zopi

Quote from: woodmills1 on April 11, 2008, 09:02:44 PM
wonder when mizer makes a metal cutting version...........

dunno...how many bdft can you get out of a metal light pole? lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Mike_Barcaskey

I love posts titled "oooooops"  :D

(let's me know I'm not alone)
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

roger 4400

Well  now I know I,m not the only one ...I,ll jump..
    5 years ago, nice sunny spring day, my wife decided to burn a small amount of shavings I did with my planer.....We took the hose out and wet around and she set the fire....We had no problems, the fire stopped before dinner and she went to work. After dinner I,m in the garage talking to my brother in law on the phone IT WAS NOW WINDY,,,looked by the door and told him....&*&&?% the lawn is burning!!!
    I ran tried to putt off the fire, when I succeeded at one place, it was starting somewere else ( in front of the house the lawn is 200 ft by 300ft) so after a short time the 100 ft hose was to short.....I have 50 ft more hose in the garage, I run get the hose...but the time it took, even with 50 ft more I was at the same point.....I come back and remembered that I had a 150ft of hose on a dispenser on wheels IN the basement. I got it ,ran with it a few hundred feet, connect it and saw that for no reason I unplugged it on the center drum when I stored it so... no water....I ran to the garage, emptied on the ground my 2 garbage cans, ran back  with the cans ,poured half of water in the first can and let the hose to fill the other one while I ran with THE HEAVY one , wet what I could ( more on me than on the ground ...Did you ever ran with a garbage can of water???? don,t know why I asked that ...  LOL)  came back to the second trash can  put the hose in the 1st one took the second one and ran with it.......I was near a heart attack , fire was near my neighbour,s house, ,,,a citizen told me he called the firemen.....I kept running with my trash cans toward my neighbour house, finally the firemen arrived.....and did their job.....while I was in my field all wet,,,all black from ashes,,,,near a heart attack  and the person that called the firemen came to me  and told me SIR YOU ARE BURNING.... one of my shoe was burning and my pants too....went back to the remaining can and extinguish myself........NO damages were done to my neighbour except his lawn that I fixed later on.  Half an hour after the firemen went away, I had caught my breath back and phone my whife at work   * Darling ???  how would you like to grow blueberries???? She asked me why we would grow blueberries ??? Because we don,t have a lawn anymore and berries grow very well after a fire....That year lawn was very nice..... I know that I will not die from a heart attack otherwise it would have happened that day......LOL    LOL        Have fun                             Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Thank You Sponsors!