iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heavy duty degreaser?

Started by Dave Shepard, April 11, 2008, 05:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I was given a pressure washer today. It was broken, but I knew how to fix it, because I'd done it before. So now I have a pressure washer, and it won't touch antique skidder grease, which didn't surprise me. Anyone have any heavy degreaser solutions? I'd also like something that is less aggressive for cleaning equipment once it's been freed from decades of encrustment. Thanks.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stonebroke

Try a zero degree nozzle It will take most anything off.

Stonebroke

Dave Shepard

And apply it to the operator of the pressure washer. ;) ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ely

stuff called orange 90, i believe it is a oil rig degreaser, it may even have some caustic soda in it. dont use it unless you want the project really clean, as in ready to paint. that also means wear some rain coats or something.

Dave Shepard

That might be a little to heavy duty. :D There is so much stuff down in underneath that I can't get to, but I don't want to leave. I don't want this thing going up in a puff of smoke after all the work I've put into it. Plenty of tractors around here that could use a good degunking as well. So much easier to work on.

Dave

Corley5

Rust Reaper has a degreaser too  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dave Shepard

I'll definitely have to give the RR a try!  8) Thanks.

Dave

Reddog

Quote from: Dave Shepard on April 11, 2008, 05:21:37 PM
And apply it to the operator of the pressure washer. ;) ;D

Dave

I see you have tried that.   yikes_smiley lol

Let me know how the RR works. :)

neslrite

Dave,
We have Rust Reaper degreaser in stock ;D
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Dave Shepard

In stock for sale, or for your use? I didn't see it on your site. I could add it to my hook order. ;)

Dave

Ironwood

I use Westley's Bleach White, from the auto parts store. It is BETTER than any off the shelf cegreaser I have bought.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Jeff

Did you notice I was trying to give one of our sponsors a plug here? A well deserved plug?  Reid I'm taking it then you have never bought RUST REAPER degreaser.

Ironwood

Well. for me convienence is key, sorry. My NAPA store is two skips down the road and w/ an account , and by the gallon it is a quick solution. Just try'in to help a brother out.

I am sure the Rust Reaper stuff is great. Perhaps he should try that first?

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Jeff

The spirit of your post was right on. Its your timing that sucked. ;)

Rust reaper is about two mouse clicks and your mail box away. Thats pretty convenient too.

Ironwood

Sorry, when I said off the shelf, I ment the sorry foamy white stuff in the spray can. I get into some knarly greasey stuff from time to time and with a few coats the westleys knocks it down, especially if'in you remove the REALLY crusty stuff with the power washer.

Ironwood

Dave Shepard

The really crusty stuff doesn't budge with the pressure washer. ;) I will definately try some of the RR. Any company that helps support the Forum gets first shot at my money. ;)

Dave

Ironwood

Do you have a "turbo" nozzle? It will remove nearly everything, sometimes including the paint. They are listed in the,........ IS there a sponsor that carries them?  Northern has them, about $100 and worth every penny. They are basically a ceramic ball that osillates and multiplies the pressure, sounds like a swam of bees.

Iornwood

Jeff

Is that the same Northern that ordered one Logrite tool, copied it and is selling the inferior ripoff, chinese knock off not even poor example of logrite tools now?  We have several threads on the forum about that.  I wont ever do business with them unless they compensate Logrite and apologize. Then I probably never will. To little to late. I hope no other forum member does either.

Dave Shepard

They keep sending the catalogs, I wondered if they work for cat litter if I ran them through the paper shredder? ::)

Dave

Ironwood

You know if you look around I bet someone else has them that, HUHMMMM.....has not engaged in reverse engineering FF sponsors product.

Ironwood

Jeff

Dave, I wish they weren't glossy and were septic tank friendly, or I'd have a use for them.

Reverse engineering for your personal use because your handy is one thing.  What Northern is doing is something totally different. Thats pretty clear to me and I can't find anyway to justify it as its unjustifiable.

zopi

Quote from: Dave Shepard on April 13, 2008, 10:05:45 AM
They keep sending the catalogs, I wondered if they work for cat litter if I ran them through the paper shredder? ::)

Dave

They kindle the slab pile fire nicely...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

DanG

One thing about the RR degreaser is that it is concentrated, so a gallon jug will last you a long, long time.  Other good features are, it is odorless, and it won't damage painted surfaces.  We use it as a household cleaner, too.  It works on everything from toilet bowls to windows to hubcaps.  I find it pretty DanG convenient to pour a little in a squirt bottle and fill it up with water. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!