iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free ? walnuts for a north Illinois sawyer

Started by Daren, April 09, 2008, 08:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

I got a note from a guy in Ottawa, Il 61350 . He had a couple living walnuts go down this winter in a rain/windstorm when the ground was soft. The first pictures he sent where in a powerpoint program that I cannot figure out how to save the pictures from. The biggest one is 56' of "log" according to the guy and 34" (?) dbh...but it looked kinda crooked. I could not tell how long of straight logs could be cut out. These pictures are from his second email after me saying it looked pretty crooked and he had said the smaller one was hung up on another tree and I asked how bad. This is the bigger one.

This is the smaller one 24" (?) showing how it is hung up. I don't even know what it is leaning on. I am not going to keep emailing him asking for more and more pictures cause I am not interested in the drive. He says extraction will not be hard (not sure about the leaner  ::)). To quote "I just don't want them to lay and rot if someone can use them but don't know anyone" He said a guy with a sawmill or a woodworker is "welcome" to them.

Just thought I would throw that out there. I told him I was going to "ask around", so he is cool with anyone else contacting him. If anyone is close and wants to at least take a peek at them I can forward his contact info.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thank You Sponsors!