iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AWMV + Cleereman = Wood-Mizer’s newest mill – with pictures!

Started by Bibbyman, April 08, 2008, 11:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I've heard rumors for a good long time.  More solid details in the past 6 months.  I've been setting on some pretty direct info for at least a month.

But here is Wood-Mizer's newest mill.   You see it here first!  8)

The carriage is by Cleereman and the head is by Wood-Mizer's AWMV industrial.  It has a 50 hp 3ph motor and uses a 2" blade.  (Did you take note that WM started to market 2" wide blades a few months back?)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I study the pictures and notice that the pump unit looks a lot like the one we are using on our LT40.  All I need now is the other parts!   :D
Sawing since '94

flip

A guy can probably pick one of dem der tings up cheap too, huh?  Couple hundred bucks ??? ;)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

rbhunter

Bibbyman needs a digital camcorder so we can also see all of the machines working he finds.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Dave Shepard

That looks like the head is much bigger than the LT300, how big are the band wheels, looks like three feet? Is using a conventional carriage an advantage over the standard log deck?

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Bibbyman

Quote from: Dave Shepard on April 08, 2008, 06:44:10 PM
That looks like the head is much bigger than the LT300, how big are the band wheels, looks like three feet? Is using a conventional carriage an advantage over the standard log deck?

Dave

I think the wheels are 40".   The carriage with the log on the 17 degree slant allows for the slab, flitches or boards to drop into the conveyor as they are cut.  This minimizes a lot of problems moving the cut material away from the sawing.
Sawing since '94

ellmoe

Looks good! I wonder if they will have one at the Richmond show.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Jeff

QuoteThis minimizes a lot of problems moving the cut material away from the sawing.

Another advantage is loading and dogging logs. They drop in that "V" rather then a horizontal bunk where they can roll around or even off.

So does the carriage move, or does the sawhead?

Jeff

farmerdoug

Jeff,  It is a Woodmizer.  What is so hard about that question? ::) :D :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

Hey, sawmills evolve, and sometimes history is repeated.  :)

Ron Wenrich

Looks an awful lot like a Sanborn Min-Max rig.  Sanborn used a 6" blade, I believe.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

farmerdoug

Ron,  you are right but the Sanborn was alot heavier too.
Doug
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

Has Woodmizer ever made a mill with a stationary head, except for their resaws of course?  If they have I would like to see a picture of it.
Doug
Fargo, MI

Bibbyman

Quote from: ellmoe on April 08, 2008, 07:11:40 PM
    Looks good! I wonder if they will have one at the Richmond show.

Mark

I hear it will be.

Quote from: rbhunter on April 08, 2008, 12:20:24 PM
Bibbyman needs a digital camcorder so we can also see all of the machines working he finds.

I'd love to have a digital camcorder but Mary has shot that idea down every time I've brought it up.  These pictures were taken by one of my operatives.   ;)
Sawing since '94

Ron Wenrich

Only the sawhead was heavier.  It used 36" wheels.  It also cut a good deal of wood in a short amount of time.  We had someone on here that had a Sanborn for a while.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

farmerdoug

Ron,  The head is what I was refering to.  Now the part from Cleereman looks like it may be alot heavier than the Sanborn.  That Sanborn sure looked like it could cut lumber but I always thought it would be better stationary.
Doug
Fargo, MI

John_Haylow

Congratulations Bibbyman, I wondered what you were up to when you made the post "Is it a time to buy" ;).
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

zopi

Hmmm...dats neat...as innovative as WM is, and judging by how popular they are in the states, I wonder what the odds of WM developing a small swinger is..

Patent issues likely...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Bibbyman

Quote from: John_Haylow on April 08, 2008, 09:01:13 PM
Congratulations Bibbyman, I wondered what you were up to when you made the post "Is it a time to buy" ;).
John

Yea.  That would work real well.  I could saw for 15 minutes in the morning while Mary makes my eggs and bacon and then she could offbear and stack the rest of the day!   :D
Sawing since '94

slowzuki

Looks a lot like my neighbours Sanborn, conveyors and all.

Bibbyman

Got some update data on the new mill..

The wheels are 42" not 40".

They saw head throat width is 36".

They are running a 2" wide blade with 1-1/8" spacing. But a 1-1/2" blade will also work.

They can match the saw head with any size carriage the customer wants.  They expect a setup for an 18' log to be most popular.

The blade drive motor is 50hp.  The total HP of all the motors is 85hp - including hydraulic unit and other drives.
Sawing since '94

beav39

SANBORN IS MADE 10 MILES FROM ME THEY USE A THREE INCH BLADEAND ARE PORTABLE,BUT,YOU NEED A WHEELER OR TRACTOR TO MOVE THEM,SETUP OF THE  NEW MIZER IS QUITE SIMILAR       SCOT
sawdust in the blood

Firebass

Quote from: zopi on April 08, 2008, 09:15:52 PM
Hmmm...dats neat...as innovative as WM is, and judging by how popular they are in the states, I wonder what the odds of WM developing a small swinger is..

Patent issues likely...

Patents are only good for so long... But a Orange Swinger >:(... I don't think so...

Thank You Sponsors!