iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna model year identification

Started by ahlkey, April 04, 2008, 01:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahlkey

I inherited a set of nice Husqvarna saws from a relative.  I am wondering if anyone can tell me from the serial numbers or part number listed on the metal plate the age of the saws?  Can anyone give me details on the identification system that Husqvarna uses on the name plates.  From the Husqvarna website I was able to download the operating manual but it would be nice to know more details. Would a dealer be able to easily tell me this information?  Thanks.

dancan

A dealer should not have any problem getting you the info you want from the serials .

Tom

I think there are even some threads on here somewhere that describe the serial numbers and where to find the year.

letsgetitracing

on all of my husky saws the first 2 number of the bottom row are the dates example 06 is 2006 and so on

don't know if yours is the same hope this helps
Homemade firewood processor, 200 ton log spliter, 322 cat excavator, 966 c cat loader, 3 semis, 11 trailers, 50 ton low boy 12 inch tree chipper 3120xp 394 xp 372 xp 3 365  357 55 rancher 346xp 338xp  stihl 056 mag ms 290 026 echo cs440  4 cs3000's  jonsered 2165 2150

go BIG or go Home

ahlkey

I was also able to confirm the model year is the first two numbers of the S/N.  The other numbers I am not sure but could be date codes for production?

Thanks

SawTroll

Quote from: ahlkey on April 13, 2008, 11:35:01 PM

I was also able to confirm the model year is the first two numbers of the S/N.  The other numbers I am not sure but could be date codes for production?

Thanks

Some times it is the first didgit only that refer to the year, some times it is the first two, some times the year is there (4-didgit) - and on really old ones there are no reference to the year at all (I believe).........

On numbers with reference to the year, the next two didgits refer to the week of that year - the rest are the number within that week.
Information collector.

Demoman

Morning just joined up to find out what year my Husqvarna 51 saw is. The numbers are very confusing. Tag states  '1150070' any info on what year this is would be much appreciated. thanks

HolmenTree

The Husqvarna 51 came out late 1980s if not 1990. So that number to me says the saw is the 70th unit built in the 15th week of 1991.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

knuckledragger

How many of you have a husqvarna 50 manufactured in 1989? One was given to me recently. The saw doesn't run, no fire. It is a complete saw. On the top cover it states 300 hundred years 1689-1989.

wild262

Quote from: knuckledragger on April 02, 2018, 01:58:01 PM
How many of you have a husqvarna 50 manufactured in 1989? One was given to me recently. The saw doesn't run, no fire. It is a complete saw. On the top cover it states 300 hundred years 1689-1989.

That one is the '89 anniversary addition. Sounds like it has the decal on the top cover as you described.  Does it have a orange chain brake?  Some guys like to collect that year, as myself. :)

knuckledragger

I've owned one of the anniversary 50 before, that one as well as the one I acquired the other day have orange clutch covers. The one I had previously was a dandy little saw. 'ol boy wasn't gonna be satisfied until I sold to him, so I gave in and let him buy it. I'll put a coil on it, that will probably have it running. It's almost impossible to find that particular top cover is almost impossible to find. The reason for that is the choke is integrated into the top cover. I don't know, I might keep it. Lord knows I don't need it.

wild262

Yea, that's my story.  I need another like I need a hole in the head.  Just bought a clean Jonny 2077 which I didn't need either.  I buy'em, keep them a while, and resell.  No cure for my CAD. :D

knuckledragger

Seldom do I buy a saw unless it is a new saw for me. Like everything else these days new saw prices are outta site. I have been around long enough that most of the loggers around here I have known since they were kids. The point is I have access to multiple saw grave yards. That's what started the Fraunk-n-Steen saw which are saws that are gifted to young men with young families that can't afford to buy a new saw. Husqvarna, as far as I can tell, has changed the way their #s identify saws. I don't know that to be fact but it seems that it is. Holmantree you can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong on that. Same with Jonsered. However, I don't have any trouble identifying older professional Husqs or Jonsered, or stihl for that matter. What's comical is, a fella should keep two hands on a chainsaw when it's cutting period, can't use but one saw at a time, and I got all these saws sittin round here.

HolmenTree

Easy to see what year your Huskies are. Even Frankenstein saw parts can be dated by their time clocks symbols .
Here's the date codes on my 2012 562XP's top cover. 
Month and year.

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

knuckledragger

The only husqvarna I own that has the original side and top covers is my 372xp. That particular saw was manufactured in 2000. The starter cover and the top cover, best I can tell, were manufactured in 97 and 99.

Thank You Sponsors!