iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

octagon roof with pics

Started by plbnyn, March 30, 2008, 09:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plbnyn

Here again, got the books math is hard to get through. Got both Ed Levine TF design and joinery book and one of Tedd Benson's book.

Re -worked some drawings of the roof would like some feed back on the design, even some of the engineering would be good to hear the bad and ugly. ( I am currently going to a engineer to get the building stamped) 60lbs snow load, 8:12 pitch, raised metal edge roof, 2x8 t&g decking, load bearing straw bale walls 7 courses high, torsion box top plate with 6x6 beam on top to tie in rafters half lapped and pinned at corners, center post  of 22" dia- 17" dia 18' Ponderosa Pine log.

I would like some feed back on design, joint design (using a 1.25" x 6 tenon for purlin to hip rafters and common rafters to purlins), (the notch in the top plate is a cut away and the rafter tails will be reduced to 4" at ends simple curve) Max distance for 2X8 decking is 4'.

(Moderator's note: off site pictures are not allowed, you'll have to read up on how to reduce in size and upload to Forestry Forum gallery site and then post a link to them here for other to view.)

I hope the pictures work. New to this game.

Andrew Logan
Hoc Majorum Vitrus

I still am having trouble just typing let alone the uploading of pics. I

I do have picture on TFGuild.org forum in General topics. I will continue to attempt to up load pics.ADL

livin large

Tom

Photos on this forum must be stored on this forum.  Click on "HELP" at the top of the page and it will lead you to some instructions in "behind the forum" that will explain how to do  it. 

plbnyn

Tom,
Do not have access to a computer that I can download any programs to... Oter suggestions?
Andrew
livin large

ironstumper

plbnyn, Just tell the wife-Now you have to buy a puter. ;D ;D
Rom 8:19 Can't wait!!

plbnyn

Iron stump,

Need a shop first so I can get my 16" tablesaw out  of the weather, rebuild my 1880 bandsaw, and then buy an oliver 16" jointer, then I'll think about a puter. I have all the pictures posted to the TFguild web site under general if you want to take alook.
Andrew Logan
Hoc Majorum Vitrus
livin large

ironstumper

plbnyn, Yup I do understand that. My princess keeps asking me when we will see some profit from this new adventure. And I'm like wellllllll....1st i need a solar kiln to dry the wood.......Then I need a barn to store it in and plane it....then.....and then.......and then..... I know what you mean...
Rom 8:19 Can't wait!!

cuttingman423

sounds like my old lady with my firewood/tree trimming venture  first i had to buy a new 20" saw now i new a new small saw for climbing trees with for topping plus climbers and harness ,chipper, log splitter, place to keep all this stuff since i couldn't afford to buy a house in the country. :-\  She was just yelling at me last week and i quote" you haven't made EDITED BY ADMIN. DONT DO IT AGAIN!! I DONT CARE HOW MANY LETTERS YOU LEAVE OUT >:(   Dollar yet and you want to spend more money you don't have"  getting started is the hard part don't have cash flow to start quickly and cant afford a loan payment to get started as its only a part-time thing. I'm determined to make it work just don't know how yet .

cuttingman423

I apologize   for my mistake of wording    it will not happen again thank you for pointing out my  error.

Thank You Sponsors!