iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visit from Ellmoe

Started by Tom, March 30, 2008, 04:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Ellmoe and I have met before.  Matter of fact, it was a year or so ago when he stopped by my sawing job at Spencer Farms in Middleburg with his dad and we had a good visit.  This afternoon, he and his dad were out rummaging around and he called and came by the house. 

They found me with shovel in hand, getting ready to dispose of a skunk that died not ten feet from the back door.  Don't know what killed him, but there he lay, stinking up the yard, the house , the cars and generally ruining this wonderful, cool spring day.

I put him in bucket and took him over behind the well, about 50 feet from the house, thinking that we could visit and then I would tend to him.  It didn't work that way.  The more we talked the more that skunk stank stunk stinked smelled.   We were sitting in the front yard in the swing and a yard chair and I finally decided that I had to do something if we were going to remain in the county.

We went to the back in a non-yard part of the yard and I found a spot that wasn't all eaten up with tree roots and started digging the hole.  Ellmoe took the shovel from me and took over the duties.  I was very appreciative.  He said that he had just got through turning over his garden and had plenty of experience.   :D  We buried the skunk.

Then we returned to the swing where we still got a whiff now and again.  My wife thinks that the skunk must have sprayed my Expedition.

We had a good visit and discussed the worlds problems, his dad's local bombing range experiences, sawing, etc.  I could have used a few more hours of it, but Ellmoe said that they had to go or miss supper.

So, we walked back to the holey oak tree and admitted them into the Holey Oak club.  Then they left.  

I sure enjoy these visits.  Mark (Ellmoe) and his Dad (Tex) are welcome here anytime.  Maybe next time we can put a piece of meat on the fire.

Sawyers must be some mighty fine folks.

ellmoe

"Sawyers must be some mighty fine folks. "

They sure are Tom. smiley_angel02_wings  We sure enjoyed the visit and the offer sounds good. Thanks for the hospitality and the admittance to "The holey oak club". smiley_clapping

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Coon

How many members strong is the Holey Oak Cllub now. Tom ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Tom

Using the photos on the "Holey Oak Club" thread, I count 15. :)

Part-timer's wife is a member without a picture. With her it would have been 16. 
We tried to to take her picture, but it didn't turn out.  We're going to have to wait for another trip.

Do you know of any whose picture didn't make it to the Holey Oak thread?

Coon

Well maybe someday I can be in the club but for now I'm not about to hitchhike I'd miss too many days at work.  Can't afford to miss any at all.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!