iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snowshoeing at Cyr Plantation

Started by Mooseherder, March 29, 2008, 09:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Bow Saw surprised me with some pictures of our camp yesterday.  I was so happy to see them it made me homesick.  There is alot of snow. The thing under the Blue Tarp is the 6x6 Deuce truck. 

The picnic table is buried under the pavillion.

He got a pic of the area I thinned out last year.

My Breakers Flag on the top right of the Pavillion held on. :D

Mooseherder

Here is the view to where the house will be about up on that hill beyond the Fir and spruce.

Same area in the summertime.  Looks good to me either way. ;D

Here is looking back at the tracks.  He had walked to the mill site first. :D

Burlkraft

Looks like there's a LOT of winter there yet  ;)  ;)  ;)

Ours is about 1/2 melted. I see stuff popin' up in the yard...Logs....lumber...tractor forks...I almost forgot that stuff was there. It was level with snow a couple a weeks ago.

Enjoy your southern weather   ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dundee

Dunno how you guy's survive in those conditions,   ::)  do you hybernate over winter?

SwampDonkey

QuoteBow Saw surprised me with some pictures of our camp yesterday.  I was so happy to see them it made me homesick.

So, isn't it about time you came back home? I can hear you singing John Denver songs up at the camp now. "It's good to be back home again..."  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 30, 2008, 05:45:45 AM
So, isn't it about time you came back home? I can hear you singing John Denver songs up at the camp now. "It's good to be back home again..."  ;D

Just gotta line up everything just right so I don't ever have to come back. :D

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D

I hope the wagon holds together. Oh, you didn't mean wheel alignment. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Reddog

Quote from: dundee on March 29, 2008, 11:44:12 PM
Dunno how you guy's survive in those conditions,   ::)  do you hybernate over winter?

Nope for most people winter is just the No bugs season. 8)
Just like Bowsaw did pull out the shoes and go do things.
Alot of places are easier to get into in the winter, shoes and skis go alot places walking in the summer is not a choice.

Thanks for the picks.  :)
We are in full mud season here.

pappy

Yup Glen it all looks soooooo familiar !!!!

This is what we got before the blizzard of an extra 12" that came with it.. ::)

This was also before the big B that put us over the all time snow fall record for the season that the National Weather Service at Caribou, Me.  keeps of 181.1 in 1955 to somewhere around 187 so far for the season

Looks like we won't be sawing for at least till mid to late May..   :(

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Mooseherder

Looks like you'll be ridin' sled till May Pappy. ;)

Bow Saw

Actually some people got it worse than we did up in Northern Maine.
Check out the pics and video from Quebec.  Our snowfall seems mild
compared to what they received!  ::)
Mrs. Bow Saw

http://super-ligue.com/tempete.htm

pappy

Now that's some snow right there Mrs. Bow Saw  :o

Here's a few links from around the Fort Kent area of more snow,,,  ::)

Couple pages here...
http://74.221.67.68/e107/e107_plugins/auto...20Damage%202008

Three here..
http://74.221.67.68/e107/e107_plugins/auto...February%202008

And two more
http://74.221.67.68/e107/e107_plugins/auto...February%202008
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

SwampDonkey

Those Quebec pictures are typical of the more severe winters up along the Gaspe in Quebec. My grandfather spoke of snow up there like that and they had to start laying planks over head of the paths because there was no where to put it and no way in the house otherwise.  ;D

I wonder what it is like up at Alma, Quebec by Lac St. Jean right now.  ;D

submarinesailor

Ok, I have a question for you guys in the US northeast, Ontario and Quebec.  With all these record snowfalls, what is going to happen to the Great Lakes and finally the Saint Lawrence River?  There is an awful a lot of water setting there in your snow.  I bet Niagara Falls is wide open even right now.  I remember reading something about Lake Superior being low for the last couple of years.  I wonder if this might add a few feet to it's level?

SwampDonkey

Well, I hope it adds a few feet to the inside of the NB legislature as soon as possible.  ::)

beenthere

submarinesailor

In our paper today was a note about Lake Superior...typically, a bit confusing as to just what is going on...  ;D ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Well a lot of those communities north of the St Lawrence and east of Ottawa, won't be dumping water into the lakes for sure and that is where there is a lot of snow this year. She's all going out to sea, not backing up like a badly maintained cesspool.  Uh oh. ;D

Mooseherder

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't 10 inches of snow equal 1 inch of rain??
If so, 60 inches of snow Pappy was showing would come to 6 inches of water when melted.
If it doesn't melt all at once it will probably be okay eh?

Norm

I think it's an average conversion they use. Some snow can be really fluffy wear as the stuff we've been getting lately is thick, wet and very heavy.

Tom

We get rain in Florida like that too.  When the sun has been real hot, the rain gets fluffy and stacks up pretty tall.  I've had it stacked in the swamp, behind the house, about four feet deep when the weather man said we had only had four inches.  :P :)

beenthere

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 03, 2008, 03:11:25 PM
............, not backing up like a badly maintained cesspool.  Uh oh. ;D

Our lakes here in the midwest are not like that..... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Once again BowSaw strapped on the Snow Shoes and sent me Pics of Camp to cheer me up and make me sick all at the same time. ;)
Now Christmas seems so far away. :D 
Looks like a few less flakes around the Duece than last year. 

This is the trail down to the Brook.  He saw Moose Tracks down there. :)

SwampDonkey

Doesn't look too bad Mooseherder, just a regular o'le winter. In the fields here the young Christmas trees (2-3 footers) are well above the snow and the corn stocks are a foot above snow. Nice to see the moose thriving. ;D Won't be long and we will be fighting flies again.  :D The snow banks are a lot smaller this year if it helps brighten anyone's day. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!