iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pig roast 2008

Started by mountaineer, March 29, 2008, 08:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Quote from: fat olde elf on April 01, 2008, 08:19:08 PM
Glad to see WDH got me on his list.......The Pig Roast is a major event for me.  Never have seen such a gathering of talent and personalities in one location at the same time........

That seals it.  I'm definitely not going.  I got no talent.  smiley_goofy_face ;)

Burlkraft

Quote from: fat olde elf on April 01, 2008, 08:19:08 PM
Never have seen such a gathering of talent and personalities in one location at the same time........

Sounds almost scary....Who let all them people out all at once..... ??? ??? :D :D :D

I, for one, am really lookin' forward to the Pig Roast this year  8)  8)  8)

I missed last year so......it'll prolly be really deep this year  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pineywoods

I ain't sayin I'll be there, but I'm sure doin some serious scheming. I'll be in oshkosh Wis all the week before. Looks like there ain't no decent way to get there. Not fond of taking on Chicago, what's the toll across da bridge for a 35 ft motor home? Ferry is definitely out, I know I can't afford that.  :(
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Reddog

Furby

Quote from: pineywoods on April 01, 2008, 08:52:08 PM
Ferry is definitely out, I know I can't afford that.  :(

Depends on what fuel will cost you to drive the 450 or so miles.
SS Badger Fares

pineywoods

Quote from: Furby on April 01, 2008, 09:34:22 PM
Quote from: pineywoods on April 01, 2008, 08:52:08 PM
Ferry is definitely out, I know I can't afford that.  :(

Depends on what fuel will cost you to drive the 450 or so miles.
SS Badger Fares

Thanks, looks like about $400 for ferry, motor home plus van plus 2 passengers. Diesel fuel  at 11 mpg plus tolls come to little over $200. Maybe I'll have that much left after the EAA convention ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390

WDH

Fat Olde Elf,

You are always on my list!

The "List" is far from complete, so please add to it for prosperity's sake ;D.

Boss,  I took pride in that pig too, the eatin' of it that is :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Furby

Ya didn't say anything about a van before. ::)

Says it's 432 miles crossing the bridge and 470 through Chicago.

Jeff

Chicago aint so bad.  I made it. Twice.   ;D 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Try it with a 35' motor home pulling a van and you can't use the left lane............. then you can brag. ;)

Jeff

How do you know I wasnt? Well, I wasnt. But  Ive dont more driving in tight places with bigger loads then you might imagine there young Furby.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Yeah, but you said you did Chicago twice and I know about those two times.
That's all we're talking about here! :)
I kinda thought you were offering to go pick them up.  ;D

asy

Crikey, I wish it'd 'only' cost me $600 to go to the piggy roast!!!!! 

For me you'd have to add another '0'   :-\

I keep saying...  one day...  I'll get there...  one day...

I will do a tour of USA. I have a plan to come to the piggy roast, and then go see the rest of the USA. OR maybe see the rest and end with the best...  Dunno yet, but am sure having fun thinking about it. By the time I get there it'll be all thunk out!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Texas Ranger

Well, darlin, you and yours got a place to stay in wet Texas.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

asy

Thanks...  You KNOW I can't WAIT to see the great state of Tx! don't you?! 

One day...

Plan is to pay off my car, then keep paying that same amount into a bank account, and when there's enough... WATCH OUT USA!!!

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DR Buck

Quote from: isawlogs on April 01, 2008, 08:08:18 PM

Yep thats how it went down , I know I was sleepin right there beside it .  ;D 

Sleepin ????   I though you had one to many Blue's.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

pineywoods

Quote from: asy on April 02, 2008, 05:59:25 PM
Crikey, I wish it'd 'only' cost me $600 to go to the piggy roast!!!!! 

For me you'd have to add another '0'   :-\

I keep saying...  one day...  I'll get there...  one day...

Oh don't I wish that's all it cost me too. That's just from wisconsin to the piggy roast. Add to that getting from where I live (way down south) to wisconsin and back.  About 1800 miles >:(   $$$$diesel fuel. Talk to the banker tomorrow :(

isawlogs

Quote from: DR_Buck on April 06, 2008, 05:42:18 PM
Sleepin ????   I though you had one to many Bleue's.   ;D

Hey , that was the year before ..... I was dry last year, I gave all those Bleue's to whom-ever was a taker .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

semologger

I would love to go but thats 703 miles for me to go. unless someone was going from pretty close to me to team up would be the only way. I would love to  see the country up that way also.

DanG

Try to work something out if you can, Semo.  I've taken 3 trips with other members so far, and every one was a hoot.  There's a whole wad of you guys in the Ark/Mo area, so you otter be able to gang up with somebody.  It saves a lot of money, and creates a lot of fun, too. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

semologger

Sounds good to me. Does any of you baker boys go or planning, adam or tom in mo?

Dave Shepard

There is a bunch of guys near here that like to travel to different shows and they rent a tour bus. Saves on fuel money, and, uh, drivers license suspensions, if you know what I mean. ::) ;D It's about 750 for me through Canada. Can't wait.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ADAMINMO

I would love to go but not sure as to whether I will be able to go or not.I will see what I can come up with and then let you know if we can work something out though Semo.Im still tryin to figure out what to do with all this water I got yesterday and the evening before.  :D :D

Warbird

Anybody want to stop by and pick me up on the way?  ;D

Per google maps, it is 3,754 miles from Fairbanks, AK to Harrison, MI.  They also state it could be driven in about 2 days 17 hours.  By my calculations, at 60 mph, it would take 62.57 hours to drive 3,754 miles.  That equates to 2.61 days of driving with no breaks!   :o

Giddy up!! smiley_horserider

ADAMINMO

Will be there at first light!! :D

Thank You Sponsors!