iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mobil 1 synthetic MX2T oil has been discontinued

Started by jjmk98k, March 27, 2008, 10:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

Just for those who like to use this oil, Mobil , according to thier website, has quit making MX2T and a lot of places no longer offer it. I just bought 6 quarts and cleaned the shelf of the local auto parts store.

So, if you like the oil find it and stock up while you can.
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

snowman

Question is, why did they discontinue it? were they getting sued for blowed up engines maybe? Just a thought, I never trusted that stuff.

Cut4fun

jjmk98k

seems that for a long time, everyone here was raving on how good it was.....
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

dancan

i checked with my napa dealer , they use to carry mobil synthetic .
they can't get it or castrol anymore
i checked with a local stihl dealer and they can't (or won't ) get the synthetic stihl either .

jjmk98k

maybe because of the cost and low sales volume as the average consumer "goes cheap" most of the time....
Jim

dancan

you might be correct and i find myself guilty of that to some extent , i use the cheapest bar lube i can find and don't have any problem with no-name pop but i never cheap out on my mix   ;)

jjmk98k

I have a older Remington "Mighty Mite" and it runs a lot smoother on the MX2T... especially at 32:1 instead of 16:1 as called for back in the 70's using "dino oil"
Jim

bandmiller2

MX2T is designed and marketed for motorcycles,due to emission standards for road use 2 cycle engines are going the way of the do do bird.I'am sure sales have dropped to the point its not worth their wile to sell it.I still have some my only complaint is their is no dye in it you dont get that comfy reassured feeling when you dump it in the tank. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

foresthawk

I did not like the no-dye factor either, but have been using it in chainsaws.
What in fact, would be the closest thing to it for a replacement oil thats still on the market?

bandmiller2

I must make a correction to my statement,Scottr told me the earlier batches had no dye the latter has red dye,seems about two years ago they made the switch.As for a replacement for MX2T,not sure I have used Amsoil 2cyc. a full synthetic they claim 100/1 mix I always did 50/1.Now I use Stihl no smoke [black bottle]its mostly synthetic I believe. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Captain

We're making the switch to Amsoil Sabre.

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!