iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now this is just too wierd!

Started by DanG, March 23, 2008, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I went to Walmart the other day to get dog food and some other things.  One of those other things that Linda asked me to pick up was some canned cat food.  She likes to give the two house cats a little daily treat of that, while most of their diet is dry food. ::)  Anyway, she specified that it should be some kind of meat in gravy.  I looked through the selection and found these 4-packs of "Special Kitty Sliced Beef in Gravy" cans, shrink wrapped in a green and white plastic sleeve, so I grabbed one and proceeded to live the balance of my day, enjoying the satisfaction of having not forgotten the DanG cat food. ;D  Well, this morning, Linda called from the pantry and asked me, "Why did you buy all this tuna?"  I took a look, and she was holding a 4-pack of Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna, all done up in a green and white shrink wrap sleeve.  "Well, kiss my foot!" says I.  "I got that from the pet food dept, while looking at all the cans of cat food labelled 'sliced beef in gravy'."  Then I started speculating that it had been re-stocked in the wrong place, due to the similarity in packaging, and pretty much forgot about the incident.  A little later, I got in the car and found the register reciept laying on the seat, and right there in black and white, it says "s kitty 4-pk...$1.08".  Now, please explain to me, if you know or even have an inkling, how this package of tuna wound up among the cat food, AND the bar code scanner read it as the same item in whose stack it was found!  This has me totally mystified, and if I don't figure it out by five o'clock, it may even drive me to drink! ::) :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dana

They forgot to switch the lables for the day shift? ???
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Dave Shepard

I've always said tuna fish is nothing but cat food. Sounds like a good deal, stock up and you can have tuna for lunch too. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DanG

Linda wanted me to go back and get some more of it, but I ain't. ::) :D :D  I haven't opened a can to see what is actually in there.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bibbyman

What I found weird is ... finding this in the Sawmill section.  Shouldn't it be in the Food! Food! Food!  section?  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

fat olde elf

Bibbyman.......You need to consider the source, grizzly old man from NW Florida.....Actually DanG is one of my many heroes on the Forum.....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Dave Shepard

Bibbyman, you should know that the topic of food can crop up at any moment, no matter where we are. ;D

Dave

I was thinking the same thing, but that DanG does have his mysteries now and again.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

olyman

dang. wonder if the cat food and tuna came from the same place???? :o

ellmoe

Question, how did last nights tuna fish salad taste? food3

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

rbhunter

What is the expiration date on the tuna?  Only idea I can come up with.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Greg Cook

DanG, you may not be out of the woods with Miss Linda just yet!  If y'all can recollect back a spell, Special Kitty was one of them killer cat-food brands that had the poisoned ingedients from China.  :o I hope that she's just flabbergasted enough with it being tuna that she didn't catch on you were trying to get the cats out of the house, but permanent-like! ::)

Sleep Lightly ;D

Greg
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

Haytrader

I can't solve the mystery, but I know sumthin bout that Bumble Bee Tuna.
IT AIN'T FIT FER A CAT!

Mrs fixed some tuna salad the other night and asked if I wanted some. Being to lazy at the time to fix sumthin on my own, I said "Sure".
I fixed a sandwich and got some chips and began eating. First bite tasted a bit off to me but I passed it off as a sour pickle. Second bite made me take a look in her direction to see if her taste buds were setting off any alarms. She just eating away acting as if nuthin was wrong. Finally, after feeling a slight rumble from the stomach area, I told the audience that I couldn't eat no more as it was going to make me sick. She said she thought it tasted different since I mentioned it. I asked what brand she used. Thats when she said Bumble Bee. I asked why not the usual brand and was told she was trying to save $$.
So now we know where DanG's cat food went.....we got it.
:D :D :D
Haytrader

jackpine

Interesting, as I was in our local WalMart friday and they had Bumble Bee tuna for 25¢a can. They were out of it and I was mad because I could not get some. >:( After reading this not only am I glad I didn't get any but I think I know why they were getting rid of it :D

Drew b

I think you oughta have that drink anyway.  Make the tuna taste better.

zopi

Weird is sitting in the recliner with a cat on your chest and a cockatiel on your shoulder...and both of them perfectly content...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

DanG

Quote from: Bibbyman on March 23, 2008, 04:47:52 PM
What I found weird is ... finding this in the Sawmill section.  Shouldn't it be in the Food! Food! Food!  section?  ;D

I agree with ya, Bibbster.  This don't belong on the Sawmill board.  As is probably the habit of most posters, I went to see how much response this had gotten, and I couldn't find it anywhere. ??? ::)  I woulda sworn I was on the General board when I posted this.  I thought about puttin' it on the Food board, but it ain't got nuthin' to do with food, since I ain't got no plans for eatin' this stuff.

DanG

Well here it is, right where I thought it was.  I thought I had lost my mind, but it was just misplaced for a bit. ::) 8) :D

Warbird

If it was mis-stocked, then they may have actually scanned it into the system incorrectly, too.  That would explain why it rang up as cat food...

Robert Long

Hey, Dan_G
Are you stroking the whiskers under your nose yet? :D :D

Robert

JAMES G

easy to explain dear dan, you were in the quincy florida walmart and nothing ever makes sense in that place  they could make a twilight zone movie in that place.

DanG

Well James, my good man, I must admit you got a point there. :D  But if I got any understanding of those bar code systems at all, they could only enter one code for each item.  If they was sellin' tuna as cat food, what was the cat food goin' for? ???
Y'all catch any fish this weekend?

Robert, I ain't started in on the whiskers yet, but I've noticed that I've been chasing my tail a lot lately. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!