iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Personal Websites

Started by Danny_S, March 22, 2008, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_S

So I'm sure some of us have made up their own website of some sort.. Maybe there is a post like this one but I have not run across one here. For those who would like to share those sites we could post them here?

I'll post my new site  www.ve9dks.ca ....  It's mostly Amateur Radio, which has become my full time hobby.

Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Tom

There is a place on your profile to list your website too.  While Updateing it with age, birthday, Weather, Bio and that other neat stuff, just put your WWW on there too.  :)

Danny_S

I think I did put it on my profile... but if I did it any more than 15 minutes ago, then I cant say for sure.. :D

Dave Shepard

Yup, I see your little blue and green globe. ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WH_Conley

I want my own site. The boy that helps me wants his mother to do it, nah, one of my daughters is thinking about but is hesitant, if she wants it will have to go that way. If not, I'm goin to get Jeff to do it. Site looks good, I need help, puter dummy here :D.
Bill

SwampDonkey

Ah yes, Flagstaff Hill. That's the one with the maple trees growing around it, up across the road from the nursery. Always wondered about that tower all my life and no one seemed to know much about it. So it's a repeater. I've used them out on the BC North Coast with radios on frequencies owned by BC-Tel.

I think there is one of those towers out on the Trout Brook road in Upper Kintore. You turn out by the Tobique Log Homes. There might be one on Mars Hill Mountain by home here. There is every kind of tower and 28 windmills up there.  ;D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Danny_S

WH_Conley,  well I certainly am no geneus when it comes to making a website.. i just signed up to freewebs.com and went with their "Templated"  layout. I've tried a few others but were not as easy as freewebs.   I did buy the domain though, through 10dollar.ca, which is canadian site..... 

It has ads on it but I can live with them, if it goes well I'll buy the premium package and they will go away....

Swamp, yea Flagstaff is owned by Aliant, used to be microwave tower, also the one in perth is a part of that grid, we have a repeater there too..  Alot of our Amateur radio repeaters are at either aliant or gov't sites around the province. We pretty much have one wherever you may be in NB. and most of them are linkable, punch in the codes and your linked to another one in the province...  it's quite a elaborate system really, most people dont know it even exists, ..until a disaster of some sort...(heaven forbid) 

sawdust

those towers are cool. If you know what your doing you can bounce your way halfway across the country. I don't have a clue!
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

HSV

When I'm not at Petersons or on the farm, I'm helping small businesses in my area get promoted in different forms. i.e. recently a friend needed help brainstorming for his Hypnotherapy clinic. I pushed aside my scepticism ::) and came up with some brilliant ideas for his clinic opening promo.

I've also done a couple of websites. Here's a site I made for a friend (who also happens to be a Skillmill Dealer in NZ) - it's the first site I made that doesn't use a preset template.

http://www.agriculturaltraders.co.nz

The bad thing (or so I've been told) is that my coding is a little messy.

But the very good thing is that I've tripled the amount of visitors to his website since I've been working on it (September 07), and he's actually been making sales through it, which he never used to. Oh, on the 'About Us' page, that's a pic of my Robert being shown a rake by Des, and Robert's brother Glen is the one driving the little dozer  ;)

So I am a true believer in making sure your business website is Search Engine Optimized. As long as the code isn't so scruffy that the search engines can't read the site, using SEO will help push your site up there in search results.

For those who are making their own sites (especially e-commerce sites), Google 'SEO' to find out more about it. Also, try and avoid paying an SEO company to do a job that you can do pretty easily - it just takes a little time to learn what it all means.

;D

Slabs

R       DE    KD4EXQ    73    K
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Timburr

Ditto what you say Dave, but I presume it's radio ham calling code!?!
Sense is not common

Radar67

My personal site will be going up later this evening.

It doesn't have any mention of my call KC5GCX.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Danny_S

KD4EXQ,KD4EXQ  DE  VE9DKS, QSO?      ;)

asy

Danny,  interesting site, but, if you don't mind my making a suggestion, make the forum a little more prevalent. The little 'forum' button doesn't really 'stand out'. Maybe say on the front page "PLEASE VISIT THE FORUM" or such. Just a thought.

Here's my website, www.newyouforum.com   It's a forum for... well, visit and find out ;)

Of course, it doesn't compare to this wonderful forum, but it's not going too shabbily in any case :)

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

TexasTimbers

Quote from: WH_Conley on March 22, 2008, 10:37:54 PM
I want my own site.

Conley, I don't know if you saw for a living or part time or hobby or what. But you have got to get a website if you want to get in on the better markets. I'll just use the obvious two for my example but there are many many many niche markets for you to tap. The obvious ones of course are woodworkers and turners. My wife and I have decided as of this year - we became an online-only sawmill.

We are seriously considering placing a sign on the pipe fence out front "We do not saw for the public." We have around 3 dozen locals we do cut for and will continue, but the online orders take all of our time. Our little sawmill website doesn't get alot of traffic but a suprising percentage of the viewers order, and the re-orders are what will suprise you.

I know we might be an extreme example, but my point is you are leaving alot of biscuits and gravy on the table if you don't have a website in this day and age.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Engineer

Wasn't there a thread a while back about who was a ham operator?

- Jon, N1UHH
- just sayin', I don't have the need or desire for a personal website, but I do have my business website www.blazedesigninc.com

Danny_S

Engineer, yea there are a couple but this one is the one you were thinking about... 
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,9846.0.html

I've taken an intrest in working satellite lately ... AO-51 is fun to work... 

Thank You Sponsors!