iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Boy is kicking himself

Started by Ernie, March 18, 2008, 02:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

My youngest son, David, is really kicking himself 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Thinking that he wouldn't catch anything of significance, he didn't pay his entry fee in the local fishing competition :( :( :(.  The comp ran for a week during which time he caught two half decent marlin :) :).  He kept the first, caught on Tuesday, at 92.5 kg (204 lbs) and tagged and released the one on Friday at 135 kg (298 lbs).  There were only 10 caught all week, two by David and one by his friend who owns the boat 102.5 kg (226 lbs) They would have won largest fish, second largest fish and most fish per boat.  The prizes were huge --- 42" plasma TV $1500.00 reel etc etc.

I love smoked marlin ;D ;D ;D

Here is his little one 
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Tom

The story of my life.  :D

Never had smoked marlin, but smoked sailfish was a big hit when I was a kid. So was Amberjack and mullet.  Smoked fish still draws me like a magnet.  8) :)

Good looking Marlin!

LeeB

I never had marlin either but the amberjack Tom mentioned made my mouth water.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

Never had that either , but smoked white fish and smoked salmon  ;) Those will get my attention rite quick  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

I'd have to stand back behind it 50 yards for anything I caught to ever look that big in a photo. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Thats a good size fish, and at least he didn't have to come home with only 'the one that got away ' story  :D

I'm guessing this warm calm weather is making for some good fishing out there?

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Dave Shepard

That thing looks downright pre-historic, congrats! 8)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ernie

Ian

That one leaping in the newspaper the other day was the tag and release one

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

WDH

What a nice fish.  I love smoked fish so much, that after reading this post, I must have some soon :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Coon

WDH, you're not the only one.  I went to the freezer and pulled out  2 smoked whitefish and 1 smoked northern pike.  Think that might do me for a day or so.  It's only about 5 or 6 lbs. :D :D  Just can't wait long enough for it to thaw now.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

DanG

Nice fish, Ernie! 8) 8)

That same thing happened to me once.  A herd of my cousins came down from S. Carolina on Labor Day weekend, and we declined to enter the tournament that was going on.  Turned out we would have won the whole enchilada that day, which would have been almost $2500 plus a new boat! :-\ :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!