iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We are FLOODING!!!!!(Revised with pictures)

Started by ADAMINMO, March 18, 2008, 11:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAMINMO

Due to all the torential rains and down pours we are flooded.The children that were delivered to school can now not get home due to high waters.Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we go through this.I have a few pics I took coming to work this morn but will try to go down town later and get some pics to post. The water on the bridge is about 3' deep. The culvert under my driveway is a 36" diameter and it is pumping it through as fast as it can and it is dumping some over and around it.These pictures are from 7:30 am this morning. The water had only stared to rise at that time.It is much deeper now.They are evacuating most of town and other places close to creeks and rivers.Have us in your thought and prayers please! Thanks All.
P.S. Tom_in_Mo is stuck at his house due to the flood.He has a creek that runs through his property that seperates his house from the road.He should be ok though.

Burlkraft

Good luck Adam.......

I knew all that snow that melted here went somewhere's  ::)  ::)  ::)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Crawfish

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

isawlogs

Wont be that long I will be refreshing this thread ....  :-\   Hang in there Adam. I am in the same position as Tom , road will be under water as soon as this snow starts to melt .
I am hoping the kids can get back home as soon as possible .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

roger 4400

Wish you good luck........and wish that everyone will be fine.......and less damage as possible......Over here it,s not melting yet but with over 13 feet of snow this winter our lands will be as yours..........you have our best wishes.          Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Tom

I'll be thinking of you and waiting for an update.  Don't do anything stupid.  Stay safe.

Larry

A lot more is heading your direction...steady downpour here right now.

I'm gonna patch up my Ark this afternoon.

And what Tom said.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Larry

I just noticed on the TV mostly to the east of me.

Tornado Warning
Thunderstorm Warning
Flash Flood Warning
Flood Warning
Tornado Watch

Think they missed anything?

You guys keep your heads down and a ear to the radio.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

LeeB

My thoughts are with you Tom. I understand your angst. I called home and talked to Lindy a little while ago. She put Paul on the bus to school this mornig @ 7:00 and the creek was a little high then. By 8:30 it was raining harder and from past experiance she new the school wouldn't take action in time so she went and picked the boy up. By the time she got back, about a 45 minute round trip, She barely made it back across. They are now stuck at home, but safe and sound.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ADAMINMO

Not to worry fellas. If I can't see the road then I ain't gonna cross it.I think I already went through my Stupid years. Here are a few pictures I took at lunch time.This picture shows Logan Creek.
The bridge in the picture is the one I have to cross to go home.

This is the water running to the other side.

This is looking South on Main Street in town.

This is the creek running through town.That is one wing of an apartment complex.

This is one of the propane companies in town.

This is our local Town & Country Supermarket parking lot.The building in the left on the bank is our pharmacy.Looks like an island!!

This is a local residents yard.Looks like a river running down a fall.

Yall don't know how much Tom_in_Mo is dedicated to his job here.He called in this morn and said he wouldn't be in.He went and got on his tracto and went to feed his cattle.After he crossed the dry creek bed to get hay , he came back about 15 minutes later and the creek was no longer dry.He could not get back across.He was Stuck!! So he went up the road on his tractor as far as he safely could.He then got off his tractor and WALKED , yes I said walked, approximately 7 miles through the woods to the highway.He made it to a gas station down town and called work to see if someone could come get him!! So that means Tom Walked 7 miles through torential down pours and flooding forest up and down the hills and crossing all the creeks needed to get him to work.Now folks thats DEDICATION there.Git er done buddy.
(I took a pic of him after he changed out of his wet clothes and he is wearing some sweat pants and a shirt and socks borrowed from the CEO!! He wouldn't let me put that picture on here!!(He has his own under wear on though!)He may be spending the night with the CEO!! Talkin bout brownie points!!!!Walk 7 miles in flood to work and then wear the clothes of the CEO and then stay at his house on top of that!!Whats next .... Will he clean his house and babysit too??!!I don't have a chance to climb the ladder here cause Tom_in_Mo keeps knocking me off the rungs!!!!!

beenthere

Quote from: LeeB on March 18, 2008, 02:55:20 PM
..................., She barely made it back across. ....................

The consequences of not "barely" making it across are sometimes not very good. Taking chances with high water are very risky.  Glad all are safe this time.. ::) ::) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bibbyman

This picture looks like it was taken from the deck of the restaurant that Tom took us to the day we did the deal on the deck.

Mary read over my shoulder and commented that Tom was cut off from getting home and wanted someone to come and get him.   :D

Keep up on top of the hill and y-all'l make it.  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ADAMINMO

Yup that is directly across the road from that restaurant.Water is supposed to be coming up again.Callin for up to 5 more inches today and tonight.Looks like I won't be home tonight!!!

Bibbyman

It was just announced on The Weather Channel that someone was killed in Ellington, Mo. by being swept away in the river there. :o
Sawing since '94

Tom_in_Mo.

I don't know about that boy!!!!!!!!!!!

The gentleman that was killed was a life long business man here in Ellington. What a shame, he was really a good guy. Deacon of the church I attend. You just never know how you will go when its your time.

Yeah, this morning was quiet the ordeal. I had no other direction to go other then start walking. I was sure glad to hitch a ride. Never knew just how good dry clothes felt. Thats all I have to say about the clothes. You know the old saying...BAGGERS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS!!

Kinda funny when problems appear how folks will come forward to help. I have had several invites for an overnight stay. Now if I can just get them to fix me a steak the way Tom did. Ha Ha...... Pretty hard to due, uh Tom especially with the water everwhere.

Bibbyman

Two questioins Tom-in-Mo?

Did you get your cows fed and did you park your tractor on high ground?
Sawing since '94

ADAMINMO

Bad ordeal with the gentleman that passed.Really a great guy.Would do anything for ya.

By the way .... Can anyone guess who picked Tom_in_Mo up at that gas station??? I'll give ya a Little hint ..... Tom wound up wearin his clothes!!!  whiteflag_smiley
   :D :D :D :D
   smiley_ignore

Tom_in_Mo.

Bibbyman, I didn't get to feed my cows but did park on higher ground. I hope high enough.

anyone know a hitman? ;D

Bibbyman

I'd guess Tom's cousin?  I can't remember his name but he delivered the deck.

Another question for the Baker Boys;

I've been hearing that logging in your area has really suffered this winter and especially in the past few weeks with all the heavy snow and rain.  I was just wondering how the log inventory looked around in your area and how much do you think this additional rain will keep the loggers from getting back to cutting?

Is a shortage of logs plus a soft market going to put some of the mills out of business?

We, above the Missouri River, had been speared the heavy snows of late and the loggers were still in the woods last week.  But this rain has really soaked up the ground and it'll be a good while before they'll be able to get anything out.
Sawing since '94

ADAMINMO

Nope ... wasn't Tom's cousin.

Logging is slowed way down due to this weather.This will definately make it worse.

What do you need a hit man for Tom? Me ???

Bibbyman

Sawing since '94

Furby

Gee Bibby, ya wanna play 20 questions for $, I could use the cash! ;D
The answer is staring you in the face! ;)

Bibbyman

Quote from: Furby on March 18, 2008, 07:45:22 PM
Gee Bibby, ya wanna play 20 questions for $, I could use the cash! ;D
The answer is staring you in the face! ;)

Gee back to you Furby, can't a guy have a little fun?   :-\
Sawing since '94

Dave Shepard

You've always got to make sure you park on high ground! This tractor was sitting in a dry creek bed 24 hours previous to this picture, and was pointing 120 degrees CCW from it's current picture. Water came up and went down 4 feet in 24 hours. Floodwater is amzingly powerful, I hope everyone stays safe down there!

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!