iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking into buying portable mill....

Started by inspectorwoody, May 19, 2003, 07:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

I have been interested in buying a portable mill for quite some time but just recently have seriously considered it. Is there quite a strong demand for portable guys? This is all kind of new to me so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Such things as rates, extra fees for blade damage due to hardware etc. etc. etc. You guys have been around! Fill poor ol' Gadget in  ;D

Thanks Guys

Gadget  8)

Jeff

Member mm has a dand woodmizer for sale right now gadget. its a manual mill but yer young.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Vermonter

Check out sawmillexchange.com for an idea of what used mills are worth.
Order videos and information from the manufacturers, compare and contrast.
Visit a big show, like the Bangor show last weekend, you can see all the mills in action.  Each one fills a niche.
Look at the total cost of the mill, including trailer registration, sharpening, blade cost, and log handling equipment.
The happiest sawmillers are the ones who have found the exact mill for their needs.  Spend the time researching.
As far as the business end of things, my milling customers are willing to pay a premium price to have their logs milled up, see what they are getting, get the shavings, and not have to truck logs to the mill or the lumber back home.
Good luck, ARM
www.petersonmills.com
New homestead

Thank You Sponsors!