iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are the fuel prices in your neck of the woods?

Started by bkellyvtme, March 14, 2008, 12:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkellyvtme

$4.10/gal here in Vermont for on road use. Don't know how the truckers are doing it. With a down wood market, I don't know how the full time timber guys are doing it.

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Ron Wenrich

We're doing it by having backhauls whenever possible.  We have 5 loads of ties sitting in the yard waiting for a logging job to open up closer to the tie yard.  We did add one commercial account that was a long haul, but they pay well, and they're taking lumber where others have started to slacken up.

I think you'll be seeing timber buyers shorten their range.  It wasn't unusual to see guys go 100-150 miles for good timber.  Those days may be over, unless the markets take a substantial turn.  That will mean less competition for timber in many localities, and harder competition in others where there are a lot of mills.  Marginal operations are going to go away. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

rockenbman

3.959 gal south east Kansas 86 oct gas 3.259 gal makes your wallet say help  >:(
I love the smell of burnt fuel pouring out of my Jonesred early in the morning.

thecfarm

On road diesel is about $4.09.I just paid 3.69 for off road.Wanted to get some gas for the chain saw,but only had $50 to spend.Wanted to fuel up both tractors.Will have to wait until next week for that.Only have 2 more days off from work.Have about a gallon and a half left.Between doing errands tommorow and going to see my FIL it should be enough.It's terrible fuel is so much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RSteiner

Paid $4.08 for diesel Saturday, 3 weeks ago I paid $3.70.  I only needed 5 gallons for the tractor but the guy next to me was filling up his pick-up.  I said to him that's got to hurt!  He said he wished his pay was increased as frequenty as fuel prices went up.

Randy
Randy

moonhill

This is a test, please stand by...

Reddog

4.12 here in mid MI at the large truck stops. .02 to .03 higher off the beaten path.

Lance in Ontario

I paid $1.18 a litre yesterday up here in central ontario,not sure what the conversion is for a US gallon. paid $1 a litre for furnace oil last month so I imagine it has gone up again!

Taylor Johnson

$4.14 a gallon in north wi last night . Taylor Johnson

timberfaller610

Gas here in Georgia is 3:12 a gal. and Diesel is 3.85 a gal. The price has dropped on both about 10 cents per gallon the past two days. Hope it keeps it up!

Coon

Lance in Ontario, that $1.18/ litre converts over to $4.72/ US gallon.  Here on the prairies we are a bit better than that.  The last I saw it was at $1.12 or $4.48/US gallon.  It is only going to get higher here as spring seeding is just aaround the corner.  I heard people talking that they expect the fuel prices to hit $1.50/ litre here by mid summer. >:(
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Ed_K

Gas downtown was $3.15 on road fuel $4.37 over the line in Vt gas was $3.27 I'm happy that my trucker is still hauling for me. In Jan, he said if fuel hit $4.00 he was done  :(  .My last load of off road was $3.17 in Jan and its just about gone  :o .
Ed K

Dave Shepard

On road has been holding steady at $4.199. At the truck stop it is usually at least 30-40 cents higher.  >:(

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!