iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Montana Snowmobiling

Started by Ron Scott, March 10, 2008, 06:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Snowmobile Trails.Snowmobile trails in the fresh snow on the Bridger Mountains, near Bozeman, Montana. 3/08.
~Ron

Norm

Beautiful scenery Ron.  :)

Were you just the photographer or did you do some snowmobiling also?

Ron Scott

No Norm, I'm not into snowmobiling much anymore, but I'm still into downhill skiing. The photos were taken by son Todd this past week-end while on one of his snowmobile trips into the Gallatin-Bridger mountains in the Gallatin National Forest.

I've used snowmobiles so much and built so many snowmobile trails years back while working for the U.S. Forest Service that I've pretty much "tired"of them. I pioneered many of the snowmobile trails and grooming systems here in the Lake States during the late 1960's early 70's so do have quite a few hours on snowmobiles.
~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

semologger

Looks like fun. Ive never even seen one. I love to ride the 4 wheeler in the snow though.

isawlogs

Brings back some good memories . My last ride was a Bombardier Formula Plus EXTC 521cc liquide cooled , two seater. I recently sold it to my nephew . I beleive it had close to 14,000 kilometers on it .

I still have a 1969 Ski-Doo Olympic with a 299 air coolled single cylinder , man that thing rides like a wagon compared to the newer machines , I have the original tag along sled for it . Kids  where to sit in it and get pulled around ... you almost needed to wash them with there snowsuits on from the burnt gas oil mix smell that came off them after a ride in it ......   :-\  It was a lot of fun even so .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ron Scott

The 1969 Olympic Ski Doo was a good machine in its day. I put a lot of miles on one back then.
~Ron

Ron Scott

The Bridger Mountains; near Bozeman, Montana; 3/08
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!