iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Canadian bandmill "E. Povlsen"

Started by ranger, May 19, 2003, 01:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of or laid eyes on a Povlsen bandmill before. We have one here and it does quite a job. The mill is a double cut with a 5" band, has power feed, is fully hydraulic and also has an edger. The mill can cut up to a 24' 8" log! :o  Very nice but likes its maintainance. :-/ We do have a digital camera so I can take some pictures, but have NO idea how to load them. I will have to get some (LOTS) help from the wife. ;D ;D

Matt

Weekend_Sawyer

Hi there Ranger,

I would LOVE to see those pictures.
At the top of the page you will see forum tools. Put your mouse on that and follow it down to uploading photos.

I have used xat.com to optimize pictures and it is easy once you get the hang of it. There's lots of help here so don't hesatate to ask.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Tom

There was one for sale in a bankruptcy auction here a few years ago and I was inthralled.  I called Mr. Povlsen in BC and he suggested, unless we had a "Jam up blade shop" to leave it alone.  I let it go by.  

It sure did impress me and sure did want it real bad.  But, I don't think I would have been able to handle the maintenance. :)

ranger

Kevin

Thanks for putting the link up for everyone. I will take a few closer photos tonight and get the wife to help me out.

ranger

I'm posting a couple of pics for my hubby.....aren't i sweet? :-*
this is the povlsen bandmill that he was talking about.  .....I have a feeling now that he knows that I can put pics on here for him, he'll probably be using my camera all the time.    ::)

happy milling

Matt's wife
(jen)

Kevin

Nice work  (jen) , you can be the official forestry forum picture poster.
If anyone has any pictures to post send them to  (jen) .  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!