iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who ordered the mud?

Started by Dave Shepard, March 08, 2008, 10:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

We've been tallying the rain and the snow, so I figured we might as well see who's up to their axles in the glop. :D We'll use a five star system.

* Mud, what's mud?
** My truck is dirty again DanGit, woe is me.
*** Shoulda locked the hubs, but we'll make it!
**** Why yes, I do have a tow strap.
*****Anyone here got a D8, a hundred feet of log chain, and a snorkel?

Dave1½* :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

farmerdoug

1* here.

I ordered the mud so quite hogging it whoever is doing it, okay.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Dave Shepard

I think it's all up in MN, at least there seems to be plenty on top of Gary_C's forwarder (or is that the harvester) :o

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Radar67

3*s here, at least on my place.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Corley5

1 here  :)   I'm looking forward to some mud actually.  It's a nice transition phase here in the spring  8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Radar67

Danny, is the ground squishing water like a big ole sponge there too?  :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warbird

* here.  Hasn't been warm enough, long enough, for much melt to occur.  :)

Coon

DanG it, we're still halfway up our britches in snow and slush.  Will be a few more weeks 'fore I get to play in the mud. :D :D  Guess I gotta have 1* for effort.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

thecfarm

Only * for now.The drive way is finally showing something besides white.That was only because of the rain we had last night.We did have 3 feet of snow in the woods as of 1 PM yesterday.That's when the rain started.I'm looking forward to some mud.Still have a ways to go.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

stonebroke

Doesn't it say something when the northerners are looking forward to MUD.

Stonebroke

WH_Conley

My mud is real stiff. 7 degrees this morning. :( Sure would like to see some of the liquid stuff.
Bill

jackpine

Ya'll in Ky. are getting our Wi. leftovers ;D  We were -21°f yesterday morning but back up to 6° this a.m. :D
Supposed to get above freezing here by Tuesday 8)

Bill

Timburr

In spite of our latitude, we get very little of the cold stuff.  Any snow inevitably transforms to mud after 5 hours or so.  A 6 month mud season!!?!!

Our current ranking on the gloop scale is 3½*s, so if anyone wants to order their mud, I'll ship some over now.  :D  BIG discounts ARE available if ordered in bulk. ;D ;D
Sense is not common

Dale Hatfield

We had mud then we got floods. Now we have about 12 inches snow . when thats gone this week. the muds gonna be way deeper than we need. Logging will soon be a bust till spring rains are gone and may flowers are here.Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Norm

Last weekend it got up to 45°F here and we could barely make it back to our house with 4wh drive. It then decided that winter was not long enough and promptly dropped the temp back into single digits with a blizzard thrown in for good measure. It's snowing lightly out right now and supposed to be cold today but the forecast is that we'll have warm weather by next week. It better hurry, last year we planted corn on the 19th of April, we may need that D8 to pull the planter this year. :D

woodmills1

I went from ice to mud in one day.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DouginUtah

****  >:(

No comment needed.   :D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Georgia has been having such an extended drought that our Govenor Purdue had
an official prayer meeting for rain.  Since then it seems that we have been getting
a couple of inches of rain every 5-7 days.  Who woodathunkit?!

On the present job we set up the Peterson with a log deck and bunk system on an area which had
recently had five inches of top soil re-spread over it.  The area is a dirt pit.  A construction
company mines red clay sand for packable fill dirt out of the area and then reclaims it
for planting pines.

The only real good area to set up was near the border of this new top soil.
What a mess.  We dug down to the clay underneath and set short pegs of Northern Red Oak
to serve as foundations to support the Peterson rails and to be the V-notched pegs
which support our log rails (log deck).   One of the guys got his shoes so muddy that he
left them outside overnight, only to find next AM that a dog had carried one off.  Never found it.

This has been one episode where I am thankful that a swinger makes lots of chips.
They sure do help with the mud!
:D
Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Faron

*** to**** here.  Our 4 inches of snow disappeared today.  It was plenty muddy before.  I wish I had time to go take a photo at the White River yesterday.  It is flooding and has closed Highway 257, which happens at least a couple times a year.  I would have liked a photo of the flooded bottomland with the snow down to the water's edge.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

semologger

Douginutah Have you been mudding in your driveway again? You boys up north are tired of snow I am tired of MUD. Not enough stars for me to put up. We have a 4x4 farm here and the boys sure are having fun with their trucks out there.

isawlogs

-* here , aint no site of mud here , not for a while anyhow ....... :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

The five foot high snow banks in the yard must have shrank in height by about 6 inches yesterday and it was only about +3 C with no breeze.  Going to be a slushy mess here today with temps of +5C or higher.  I am glad my new front driveshaft for the 4x4 will be here today because the snowpack is going to get awefully soft before it disappears. :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Dave Shepard

Appoaching 3*'s here. A bit sticky in places, and raining pretty good.

Dave

Larry

Not even a 1* here...how do you make mud when your living on a pile of rocks? ;D

Kathy is in north east Kansas where it is a definite 5*...school has been closed because the buses can't run on the country roads. :o
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!