iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging tools in Roller Derby

Started by tomboysawyer, March 07, 2008, 07:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomboysawyer

Sorry I haven't been around much. I miss the forum. I'm sure I'll be back and writing more in the summer. Wanted to share a picture I'm proud of.

In September I was looking at my approaching 40th birthday and saying "I need to get more exercise and I need to find a team sport because that's the only thing I've ever stuck with for good cardiovascular work." I turned to hubby and said "I want to join roller derby." I'm not sure even I knew exactly how physically demanding (or how extremely fun) roller derby would be.

To make a long story as short as possible, this January I was assigned to one of our league's two internal teams - The Department of Public Hurts. When we took our team photo, I brought in a whole bunch of gear from our job site for our team to hold - pipe wrench, pipe, chains, pick ax, sledge hammer...

But I saved my favorite tool for myself. Some of the skaters even asked me what it was and what it was used for.

Here I am in the middle of the middle row holding my peavy.

And that's hubby there sprawled on the floor. He's started reffing roller derby!!

moosehunter

Now THERE'S an interesting hobby :D :D

Love the name too!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

LeeB

Looks like a rough crowd. That bunch in a dark alley wood have wetting my britches. :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Burlkraft

Hey TBS....That looks like it would be a HOOT  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

I used ta watch roller derby when I was a kid......I'll bet ya were pretty stiff the next mornin' after the first few times  ;)  ;)

Do they let use yer peavy  ???  ???  ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

tomboysawyer

The first month as fresh meat (new roller derby skater) I was VERY sore. Suggesting to friends and family investment in Ben Gay and Icy Heat stock.

I'm still sore after most practices even after 6 months.

I don't really get to use the peavy in the games and I'm holding my hand over the end because the woman behind me is the photographer. She set up the picture then had to skate over and get behind me in the group and we didn't want her poking her eye out or anything.

These women are "tough" but they are all really awesome too. They'd do anything for a skating sister.

Patty

8)   WOW!  Looks like a blast! Nice way to spend a long winter.  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

ARKANSAWYER

It a shame that does not come in on one of my three channels.  Looks like a bunch you could hang out with ............... safely.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!