iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's raining again

Started by Tom, March 07, 2008, 09:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

We have been blessed with more rain.  The air is so thick you can't tell the clouds from the precipitation.  The Yard is soggy, the swamp is running water and the little ponds are filling.  The driveway is a mess!

Looking out of the window at the "wetness", I wonder, how in the world does all of that water stay up in the air like that.  When the humidity is 100%, are we just living in an extension of the Ocean?  I keep expecting to see a Bass swim by the door any minute now.  :D

Roxie

I can play this song on my guitar for ya Tom. 

Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
(J.C. Fogerty)

Someone told me long ago
There's a calm before the storm
I know
It's been coming for some time
When it's over so they say
It'll rain on a sunny day
I know
Shining down like water

I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?
I wanna know
Coming down on a sunny day

Yesterday and days before
Sun is cold and rain is hard
I know
It's been that way for all my time
Till forever on it goes
Through the circle fast and slow
I know
And it can't stop I wonder

I wanna know
I wanna know

Say when

woodbowl

I wanna hear you pick and sing that tune one day Roxie. I bet you've got a few more up your sleeve as well.  ;)

Tom, your just now getting what we got last night. It didn't last long, but there is another band right behind it and we'll probably get that this afternoon. We're floating around here and I keep wondering when I can get the dirt ready for the garden.  There's one thing for sure, if we didn't need it we wouldn't be getting it.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

sawguy21

It sounds like last years rain was being saved for you. :D It is either feast or famine, no middle ground.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

We are to get weather like that here starting tonight and lasting till Sunday .... :-\  actually more like   smiley_crying smiley_crying
    Ours will start with rain , then freezing rain then snow , more snow to finish with a lot of snow ..........

I am really ready to see those tulips pop up  whiteflag_smiley smiley_crying
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

roger 4400

Rain...............you lucky guy!!!!!!! wenedsday we had 10 inches of heavy snow.........I had to haul 3 differents people in my own driveway with my f250..tomorrow and sunday there will be a  16 inches snowfall.....we have more than 11 feet of snow this year and it looks that it is not the end.....hahaha.........Mother nature is trickyyyyyyyyyy.....See you               Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

tcsmpsi

Yep.  It's raining down here in the thickets, with snow predictions today.  Been some around the area, but not on top of my head as of yet.

In the 30's with about a 15 mph wind presently, and did I mention rain?   Supposed to be in the 20's tonight.

This just ain't right.   

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

LOGDOG

Got 2" of snow here in Shreveport / Bossier City, LA so far today. Still coming down in a blizzard. This is the most snow I've seen in 6 years since I left WI. I love it.

LOGDOG

thecfarm

Come up to Maine.You'll be so much in love you won't want to leave until summer.   :D We have about 3 feet of that stuff.A big year for the snow team.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LOGDOG

Actually thecfarm I was looking at pics from Maine and New Hampshire last night with my wife. The snow up there has been unreal this year. Good year for the guys running plows I bet. I had forgotten how easy it is to spot wildlife running through the woods with the snow background. I like that. But the snow is gone this morning. I like that too.  ;D

LOGDOG

zopi

I had a blue crab swim by awhile ago...and I am 12 miles from the bay....Was out loading logs in that mess this morning...little drizzle..then BOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHH!  Got to sit in the truck awhile..

Gonna try one more load today...the tail crane for the trailer works well.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dave Shepard

Been getting a little drizzle here and there with periods of impressive downpours. Not much snow left now, just the banks where I pushed it up. :)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Patty

It is snowing here..AGAIN!  :-\    I wonder if spring will ever arrive.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

limbrat

I have never seen fish swimming in the rain but. Acouple of years ago i was going to my first stop in a heavy fog. I couldnt see more one sometimes two seconds ahead of me and after a hour of driveing i was running late so i pushed my speed up to fifty and hoped no ones cows had gotten out. When i got down by the river i hit a fog bank that looked like a wall i knew the road so i didnt cut my speed. After about 100 yds i had pushed so much of that fog in front of the truck that my front wheels ran up on it. That scared me so i let off the throttle and the front end came down i found the shoulder stopped and put on my four ways. After a couple of minutes my heart slowed down a little so i desided to get out and walk around the truck. When i got to the front of the truck it looked like bugs buzzing around the headlites when i got closer i seen it was realy bait, some of the minnows and little fish had swam up out of the river in that thick fog and were swimming around my headlites. After watching this for a few seconds it seamed so werd that i started laughing then coughing and gaging and i dang near drownd right there on the side of the road. I finaly found my way back into the cab thank goodness i had the ac on. After a little while i pulled back on the road and creeped on to my first stop. Im glad i was in a five ton van and not a boat that could have gotten bad.
ben

DanG

:D :D :D  It's a good thing we've been having all this rain, and I've already got my hip-boots on. ;D :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

limbrat

Never had a pair of hip boots but sometimes it feels like i could use a big hat
Ya now Dang when i got home and told my wife about it she fussed me. By her reasoning i should have opened the back of the truck and caught a load of that thick fog and brought it home. She figures we could have put it in the old chicken pen and raised fish. I told her that i didnt see nothin bigger than bait and small bait at that. But i cant tell her much when she has her mind on being right about something i did wrong.
ben

DanG

Quote from: limbrat on March 10, 2008, 01:17:07 AM
But i cant tell her much when she has her mind on being right about something i did wrong.

I'm familiar with that scenario.  All too familiar. :-\   And like me, it ain't so much what ya did wrong, it's what ya didn't do right, right? :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

limbrat

Im making her sound bad but she realy aint im just her favorite hobbie. Her other one is gardening sometimes she gets us confussed like when she says im full of wit but she pronounces it different i know she is talking about the garden then cause i got to fetch and haul the wit for her.
let me tell you about another wet foggy early morning ride. I was going up a two lane highway with paved shoulders and it was raining hard and the fog and mist was heavy so i creeping along. The garbage man was going to run in a couple of hours cause people had pulled them big heavy plastic garbage cans with the wheels and the aluminum handle bars out on to the shoulder of the road. Thats when i learnt that chip trucks like what hauls wood chips between mills have all weather navigation like a jet fighter. They have to cause by the time i saw the trucks lites he was on me and past me if he was moving he was doing 75. Thats when i saw it that truck had sucked one of them garbage cans off the shoulder pulled it across his lane and it stopped in the middle of mind. I nailed it dead center of my truck it folded up like a wallet and wedged its self under the front end. Its three thirty in the morning houses sprinkled down both sides of the road and im out on the highway making a swell noise. So i got over on the shoulder and tried backing up well it changed the tune a little but it still didnt sound nice. I got out of the truck and tried pulling it out by hand them things are TOUGH. I pulled till i thought i might brake something but never pulled a wrinkle out of that garbage can. I got back in the truck and back up some more Dang what a racket after about a hundred yards i seen the first lite come on then another one. Now i didnt wont to see no old guy in his boxers and i sure didnt to see what he was packin. So i started moving foreward i knew the houses ended a couple of hundred yards up and if i could get up there without any company i would be happy. A truck can tip toe if you keep it just above lugging but my guest hollard all the way up the road. I was hoping them houses was full of deaf people. I made it and found a turn out with a  good drop from the shoulder to the dirt it took 3 or 4 tries but the garbage can finally caught and pulled out. It stayed there about three weeks.
ben

isawlogs

:D :D :D  limbrat  You're my hero  :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

All I can say is I'm glad I'm on high ground this spring. Look out low landers, there's going to be a big flush. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

House here is on high ground , road to it is on low land ... definitively will be interesting at the least . Might have to saddle up to horse to get the mail .  ;)

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!