iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Kennery

Started by Dave Shepard, March 05, 2008, 12:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

We used to stop in a little deli in Upstate New York and get a sandwich called the Kennery. I don't know if they are still open, haven't been that way lately.

Sourdough bread
Ham
Turkey
Cole slaw
Thousand Island Dressing
Swiss cheese

I like to get a big loaf of sourdough, the bigger the loaf, the bigger the slices, the bigger the sandwich. ;) Start with a layer of ham, then turkey. Add some cole slaw and dressing, then put the cheese on top. Butter the outside of the bread and grill. Cut in half, serve with kettle chips and pickle then food6 food6 food6

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stonebroke

Where was the Deli?

Stonebroke

Dave Shepard

The Washington Square Deli, Greenwich NY. A large sub had a pound of meat and cheese, they were DanG huge!

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Burlkraft

This belongs on the Weight Control thread...... :D     :D      digin_2      digin_2
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Dave Shepard

Aw, come on Burl, don't rat me out. :D

Dave

(Hey it's got some vegetable in it)

Engineer

I drive through Greenwich about once a month - I'll have to find out. 

<pause>

superpages.com says the Washington Square Deli is still there, at 5 Salem Street in Greenwich.  I guess I'll have to stop in and see if they still make that monster.

Dave Shepard

I think it's 372 that we take out of Cambridge up to Greenwich. Whan you get into the first part of town, the WSD will be on the right as you go around the corner. They sure had some monster sandwiches, but it's been years since I've been there.

Dave

Thank You Sponsors!