iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank You Brett Favre

Started by stumpy, March 04, 2008, 03:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

I just wanted to go public with my gratitude to Brett Favre for his 16 year career with the packers.  If you haven't heard, his retirement was announced today.  He has brought so much to this game tha goes well beyond just his Stats.  His work ethic, honesty, decency, down home values, and generocity will be missed and appreciated long after he is gone.  Thanks again "4"
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

beenthere

You are right on Stumpy... Brett was a class act, and I looked forward to seeing him break a few records next year, but they would have just been his own...mostly :) :)

He deserves the rest....IMO
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

deeker

Brett will be missed on the football field.  Even from a TRUE BLUE COWBOYS fan!   Hope to see him in hunting videos;
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

Jeff

DANG! Just when Burlkraft almost had me turned to da Packers...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CLL

Steelers here, but Brett was one of the class guys that played for the love of the game, not money.
Too much work-not enough pay.

MrMoo

Giants fan here but ya I always liked watching him play. He always played to win.

Burlkraft

From the looks of what yer Lions did over the Free Agency period....Ya might as well jump on  :D  :D  :D  :D

If yer goona be Yooper ya gotta be a Packer fan   ;D  ;D  8)  8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

metalspinner

Well???  What do you guys think is gonna happen?  My guess is he will play for Tampa. :-\
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

I'd say tell him he is the main GB Packers QB and hold his feet to the fire. Rodgers hasn't proven himself to anyone, and Favre certainly has. At this point, he didn't show good sense and put the team in a real bind. So, suit him up and say "put up, or shut up". 

Now they accuse him of having talks with the Vikings. Just heard that he had these talks on the Packers Cell phone, so they have the record of all the calls he made, and when....going back a long way. Not too bright, IMO.

Didn't realize he was such a spoiled kid.  >:( >:( >:(
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stumpy

I agree with ya BT.  While he hasn't changed my opinion of his last 16 years, He sure has lost some of my respect for the way he's goin about this.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Warbird

Uhhhh....  what?  What is going on with Favre now??

metalspinner

After years of teasing Packer ownership about wether or not he was going to retire, he finally did retire this off season. Now, after just a few months into it, he has stated that he would like to return.  Only the Packers are acting as if they do not want him back.  Rumors and speculation are that he will be traded to another team.  Both sides (the Packers and Favre) seem to be talking alot to the media rather than to each other. ::)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

CLL

Bet he goes to the Minnesota Vikings. Watched ESPN today and they said he was leaning that way.

Warbird

Wow.  The guy had a great career but IMHO, he should probably stay retired.  Especially if he can't go back to Green Bay.

Fla._Deadheader

I don't see the big deal. He had a JOB. He did his JOB. He quit his JOB.

Now, he wants a JOB with another company, and the public is out to lynch him  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I've never understood why sports figures and movie stars are placed on pedestals ???

They are doing the JOB they are paid to do  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

And But Harold....

He still has two years left on his contract to Green Bay.   That is apparently the fly in the ointment, so to speak. He started out last month asking for an unconditional release. No way, says Green Bay.
Sounds like he will get traded, then GB can make the deals and get something for Brett's 'assets' that they still own.

Kinda like you owned a truck, and expected three years out of it. It runs outta gas after a year, and you let it set idle. Then someone sees that truck setting there and they want it...but you say "no, not without paying something for it..it is not just a free truck, but has some value".  IMO
south central Wisconsin

Warbird

Also FDH, things are different with sports, movies, and the like because of popularity, collector's items, extended rights for merchandising, etc.  A large part of Favre's JOB encompasses these things and IMO, he's trying to get out of it.  I don't blame GB one bit.

Fla._Deadheader

You missed my point, or, I didn't make it clear enuff.

IF he has 2 years remaining, that's owned by GB when HE signed the papers.

Looks like he NEEDS to honor that contract. He signed it. OR, GB can sell his 2 years worth to another company. Either way, that's the way it SHOULD be. HONOR used to mean something.  ::) ::)

I'm referring to how the comments were made that he's a traitor, or whatever, to the GB fans ???  Shouldn't be allowed to go to another company. His DUTY is to GB. WHY ???

Sell his contract for what GB can get, and let the next company deal with him ???

SO WHAT ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Warbird

Ah, so we are pretty much in agreement, then.  :)

Burlkraft

I, Myself, being a die hard PACKER FAN, not necessarily a Brett Favre fan, would like to see the team bring him back in and play his remaining 2 years.

He is the Packer's best chance to go to the playoffs again this year. I really don't care if Aaron Rodger's feelings are hurt. He's the backup and getting paid also.

Like Harold says, this is their job, it's not personal.......Besides who wouldn't want to play in Green Bay  ???  ???  ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Fla._Deadheader

QuoteBesides who wouldn't want to play in Green Bay

Ahhh yes. 30° below 0 , and the wind tickling yer sweat glands, offering to freeze yer body solid, a little bit at a time.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

YES SIR, seems like a GOOD idee fer him to git his butt out there. 

I can't POSSIBLY care less about Football  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Roxie

Harold, don't hold back....tell us how ya really feel....
Say when

CLL

Thats a major problem I see with most professional players, football, baseball, ect. There seems to be no honor among thieves so to speak. I am a firm believer if you sign a 10 million dollar contract for three years, thats it. You play 3 years get your 10 million, then go from there. No renegotiation, play or don't get paid, that simple.

Bill

I don't know if I got this right - thought I heard something on the radio the other day.

The announcer said BF wanted to go back to GB but that they wouldn't have him - true ?

Does that mean he does or does not have a contract with GB ?

Thank You Sponsors!