iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 Hydrostatic?

Started by Dave Shepard, March 04, 2008, 02:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

What is the advantage of going hydro? Seems the previouse system worked fine, and allowed remote operation.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dan_Shade

it's faster, and more than likely it's marketed towards the Amish so they can get away from electronics.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

ladylake

Should be more reliable also and way faster.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Dan_Shade

it doesn't use accuset either. 

I'd like to see some electric over hydraulics, wouldn't be hard to make that remote operation, and could also be used with Accuset.

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dave Shepard

I can get along fine without accuset on the manual mill, but I would think it would be counterproductive not to have it on a super.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dan_Shade

I have setworks on mine.  I never thought i'd want something like that either, until I used it!

ARKANSAWYER

I sawed on one about a month ago.  It went down and back faster.  The board return was stronger.  Took some getting used to.  I could see where mobile sawing it would be better where you could not set up real level.  Other then that I could not see no real advantage.  Not using the computer does not bother me becasue I saw on the LT70 most of the time with out the computer.
ARKANSAWYER

Brucer

One problem when you want to move a sawhead quickly is dealing with momentum. Electric drives usually need some extra electronics in the controller that will allow the head to accelerate and decelerate smoothly. The hydrostatic drive does this for you automatically. Other than that, I don't see that much advantage to it just yet.

Mind you, I suspect this is the first step in an R&D program.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!