iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Girl Scout Cookies...

Started by metalspinner, March 03, 2008, 09:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

...were delivered today! 8)  Of course I recieved a couple of boxes of Thin Mints.  The Tag-a-longs are one of my favorates.  Do-si-do' are pretty good, too.  I'm trying out the lemon creme sandwich ones this year, as well.  Mmmm, mm.

Now I need to find a hiding place so the kids don't eat them all. ;D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

Got no little Girl guides around now. The neighbor's kids used to sell some. Hmmm, probably my cousin's little one will have some. Seems she came by last year with her grandmother.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

zopi

moved 29 cases yesterday...gonna be more this weekend....am eating a box of chocolate chips now...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ohsoloco

The Samoas are my favorite, but maybe that's cuz I don't have those lemon creme's.  The tag alongs (are those the peanut butter ones?) didn't do much for me this year.  The chocolate tasted kinda waxy to me.  I'll take Tastycake Kandy Cakes over them any day  :)

WDH

With three daughters and my wife as a girl scout leader, I have loved the cookies for a long time.  Mmmmmmmmmm ;D.  It is a tradition.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ScottAR

Thin mints...  Can't help myself...  Really... 

Mint and Chocolate are like heroin or somthing...   :D ::)

1 box should be enough but I had 3...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

LeeB

Stash a couple boxes of thin mints in the freezer till summer and then crumble them into a batch of homemade vanilla ice cream. cone_1 cone_1 cone_1
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Norm

I think the only way to get them to last that long would be the same technique I use for steaks I wrap in the freezer. I label them as liver. :D

LeeB

Quote from: Norm on March 04, 2008, 03:28:09 PM
I think the only way to get them to last that long would be the same technique I use for steaks I wrap in the freezer. I label them as liver. :D

:D :DI got a refrigerator in my shop with a lock on it. :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

beenthere

Quote from: Norm on March 04, 2008, 03:28:09 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Put the samoas in the fridge for a few hours.Not too long or they will get too hard.Those thin mints are hard to beat.By the box I can and do eat them.I have put them in the freezer before.I take them to work and don't share with anyone.Probaly could get a buck a cookie.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

zopi

Quote from: WDH on March 03, 2008, 11:28:21 PM
With three daughters and my wife as a girl scout leader, I have loved the cookies for a long time.  Mmmmmmmmmm ;D.  It is a tradition.

Me too...3 scouts and mom is brownie leader...gotta deliver the goods saturday for a booth sale and keep the Daisy...she and I will be hauling logs all day...

i just inhaled an entire box of tagalongs...and I weigh 140 lbs...eatcher heart out Jenny Craig...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

metalspinner

Quotei just inhaled an entire box of tagalongs...

That box is open on my workbench.  I was a bit dissappointed in the number of cookies in the package.  I guess the number of calories makes up for the shortage of cookies. :'(

zopi

betcha can't eat just one....

box. ;D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Patty

When I was a Girl Scout we lived in the country outside of Madison. I walked a mile each way from our farm visiting the neighbors (all 2 of them  ::) ) I did not sell one single cookie.  :-\   Our troop leader gave us points on each box we sold, and I so badly wanted points that I dumped out my piggy bank and bought a box of thin mints with my own money. It was my only sale, I was mortified when the other girls had their order forms all full with purchases. When the cookies arrived I took my 1 box home and ate the whole thing. It was wonderful! I have loved the thin mints ever since. Even though I have not had any in years, I can still taste them. They are delightful.

Note to Patty: Go open up all the liver in the freezer.  ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

WDH

Quote from: Patty on March 05, 2008, 10:54:13 AM

Note to Patty: Go open up all the liver in the freezer.  ;D

You will need a big bag of onions, too ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

All I see here are chocolate wafer and vanilla wafer cookies, no mints.

metalspinner

Just cracked open the Lemon Chalet Cremes.  Boy, these things are good, too.  There is a lingering after taste, though.  I thought I ordered a box of the peanut butter sandwich cookies, but I guess not. :(   

Tom

Somebody left an open package of chocolate mint cookies on the drainboard this morning.  I took them to work and devoured every last one with my thermos of hot coffee.   I'll be sneaking around the kitchen again tonight. ;D

They aren't fattening if you don't get caught.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Keep that thought.  ;D :D :D

isawlogs

Quote from: Tom on March 06, 2008, 04:02:42 PM
Somebody left an open package of chocolate mint cookies on the drainboard this morning.  I took them to work and devoured every last one with my thermos of hot coffee.   I'll be sneaking around the kitchen again tonight. ;D

They aren't fattening if you don't get caught.  ;D
Wont be fattening if you get caught either ....  :o    Gael ever catches your hand in da pot , she'd be chassing you down da road till you used up all dem callories in each one of dem cookies and then some .  pull_smiley
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LOGDOG

If we could get those Girl Scouts to start selling our lumber we'd have no worries. I can't seem to say know to them.  ;)

LOGDOG

Paschale

I practically ate a whole box of those caramel delights/samoas today, and the last three are tempting me as I type.  Those are like crack for me.   ::)  I'm not looking forward to my weigh in next week.   ;D 

I ordered a couple of boxes of thin mints too--nothing better than pulling those from the freezer and having a tall, cold glass of milk.   8)  I really like the shortbread cookies too, and I swear I ordered a box of those, but what I got was a box of those peanut butter cookies.  I'm not a fan of those, and never have been.  I think I'm going to have to track down some of the shortbread cookies at the local Wal Mart where they put up a table every year.   digin_2
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Patty

You can just send those peanut butter ones my way, Paschale.  ;D    It would take me about one glass of milk to finish off a box of those.  :D
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

metalspinner

Those Peanut Butter sandwiches (Do-si-do's?) give you a lot of bang for the buck.  They are quite filling for an afternoon snack. smiley_wavy food6

Engineer

My eldest daughter's just received her order and sorted them all out.  I haven't tied into them yet.  She wanted to eat them herself, and I said if she wants to buy some and add them to my order, I'll share.  :D ;)

For the amount of cookies you get, I think they should sell them for about $2 a box and not $3.50.  I forget what the numbers are but the girls only get like 10% or something stupid like that.  So if they sell 50 boxes they only get $17.50 toward camp or summer activities.  I can just give her $20 and save myself from having to eat 5 cases of cookies.   :) :o

Patty

Great minds think alike Engineer!  ;D

When my boys were in school they were always coming home with new schemes the school had to raise money for one thing or another.  ::)  Like candy bars for $5 or magazine subscriptions and such. We lived in a township with just little old widow ladies, and I would not let the boys solicit them because they were just too poor, and I didn't feel the need to drive the boys around the countryside to schlep these overpriced goods for the school. So I would call the school and ask them how much I needed to send to them to make up for share of goods not sold by my sons. Usually $20 would do it. Life was just simpler that way.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D

We were on our own when it came to pedaling school chocolate bars and magazine subscriptions. We had to walk or bicycle, but there was no taxiing around by car. That cut into sales quite quick.  ;D :D

Thank You Sponsors!