iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New tool for me. Oliver lathe

Started by johncinquo, March 03, 2008, 10:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncinquo

I have always wanted to try out turnig on a lathe again.  The last time I worked on a lathe I was 135lbs and Top Gun was the #1 movie at the theatre.  I have to do a lil shopping now, need a face plate and some knives.  Bought it through an online auction, thankfully it all turned out OK, runs good, changes speeds, and no noticeable vibration.  I wish it had the original base, but those beasts were heavy.  Oh yeah, a lathe in the bed of the truck WILL NOT fit into the garage.   Oops...   
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

beenthere

John
Looks much like the one I have....Oliver No. 19.

It is heavy, which makes it good when finally in place to stay put.  :)

Is yours 3ph power? Mine is, so go through a converter.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

johncinquo

It just has a 110 regular plug on it.  Plugged it it, switched it on, and away she went.  There are no tags on it anywhere, they have all been removed. 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

shopteacher

They probably sold the tags on ebay. I just seen a oliver name plate with over 40.00 bid on it and the auction wasn't over yet.  There was a real nice 25 C that just sold on ebay for 1600.00 I would have bid on it but out of cash now.
Oh, by the way, nice lathe. Your going to have a good time running her.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Furby

Quote from: johncinquo on March 03, 2008, 10:32:00 AM
Oh yeah, a lathe in the bed of the truck WILL NOT fit into the garage.   Oops...  

Not getting off that easy, spill it!

metalspinner

Very nice, John!  I can't wait to see it buried in shavings. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

John Bartley

Looks like a nice little rig you got there! - ok ... a heavy nice little rig :).

I have an old General - smaller than yours I think and if you enjoy yourself half as much as I do, you'll be grinnin' from ear to ear while you play.

cheers eh?
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

Thank You Sponsors!