iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wet nuts

Started by Frickman, March 02, 2008, 07:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frickman

One of our small, local grange fairs has a an ice cream stand setup that sells all the usual hand dipped ice cream treats, like milkshakes, cones, sundaes, etc. One of the many toppings you can get on your ice cream is called "wet nuts". Now I've been around ice cream a long time, and have eaten plenty of it, but this is the only place I have ever seen that topping. Have any of you ever has it? I think I caught a glimpse of it once and it looked like chopped up nuts in corn syrup.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

ohsoloco

There's a dairy in State College (Meyer Dairy?) that sells ice cream.  A few years ago I was there looking over the sundae menu, and saw one called "wet walnut".  I asked the girl what it was, but can't really remember the explanation.  I just remember her saying that it wasn't very good  :-\  I got hot fudge  ;D

scgargoyle

I remember the term- seems like a lot of places in CT offered wet nuts as a sundae topping. They're just chopped nuts in some kind of syrup.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Engineer

Most likely chopped nuts in a sugar or corn syrup.  You can buy it in jars in the supermarket.

I like making them - fill a Ball jar with roasted pecans or walnuts, add dark grade A maple syrup, voila! you're done.  If you want to make the nuts a little softer, you could probably hot process them, or use syrup straight from the evaporator.

Roxie

Stop!  Yer killin me!!   :'(   I love those over a hot fudge sundae. 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!